4 Tang Bang 6.5" sub BOX **PICS**

Too much bracing for a box like that. . . I wouldn't have used any and it would have been fine. I'm willing to bet that bracing hurts rather than helps.
how would that be possible?

Yeah next time use a little less bracing, but you definately should solder up them terminals. Its gonna be a biotch when those start fallin off.
mehh.. i dont think ill use them permenantly..

i wanna see a video!!
they be up, photobucket upload is frequen slow

I would have still braced but I personally would have used 1/2" all thread sinched TIGHT. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Looks great. Flush that port with some Bondo and paint her a velvet black FTW.
I think I'm gonna carpet or ill leave it like that.. i dont really care about looks... but thx for the idea

i don't see how it would hurt. but since you already have a subwoofer, to help cover more of the audible frequency spectrum, i would use them more for low mid bass, with an active band pass cross over and amp, in the ranges of 80Hz-200Hz this can add fullness to guitars, vocals and horns to the system, with a center freq boost or cut at around 120Hz to 125Hz can add good sound quality. but then again its all dependent to your personal taste of sound. you can try using them to help boost the low end bass, or use them to cover more of the audible frequency spectrum. its all up to you, and what you're trying to achieve with your sound system.
ps, to SQBubble the enclosure looks very well build.

now, where are them vids?. lol

laters
thx man. vids are coming!

To much bracing can create turbulance inside the box. Being that I didnt look at the pics, Im not sure if he over did it, but considering that those 4 6.5's have less cone area that 2 10" drviers, sounds like he did go overboard.
meh... PEOPLE , I am aware that I went overkill with bracing, ESPECIALLY just for 6.5"s, not even 8 lol, but it sounds good and has some output, thats where its at //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

is that noticable to the ear?
no
i'm not aware of a weird sound..

I think you should put a roundover on the baffle and really top the sexiness off.. Nice btw
thx for the idea, but I won't work on it again maybe only carpet.

BTW, vids: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201060

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.