4 Sundown SA-12s in a Explorer

Funny thing to me is that everyone says the 4 doors are louder. I have no experience with a 4dr but I can do decent #s with my 2dr considering I can hit legal 150.3ish with only 1400watts of actual clamped power. That's using my 2 NightShade 15s in a side ported setup.

I'm not concerned at all with burp #s with this setup. My primary goal is a solid 149.9 BassRacer with around 4kwatts. I'll be testing out a pair of saz-2000s in here this week and hoping to hit my goal with them. No doubt it could burp much better if tuned higher. On paper tuning is 36hz but it plays solid down to 28hz. Just check out my YouTube vid playing V.I.C. - Get Silly which peaks @ 28hz.

It currently peaks @ 48hz on the TL. Typically peaks @ 53hz.

wwo derrick very impressive! if this thing is louder than the 2 niteshad 15s i heard i dont even want to sit in it lol. looks like you can play the low notes fine now tho!

Funny thing to me is that everyone says the 4 doors are louder. I have no experience with a 4dr but I can do decent #s with my 2dr considering I can hit legal 150.3ish with only 1400watts of actual clamped power. That's using my 2 NightShade 15s in a side ported setup.
I'm not concerned at all with burp #s with this setup. My primary goal is a solid 149.9 BassRacer with around 4kwatts. I'll be testing out a pair of saz-2000s in here this week and hoping to hit my goal with them. No doubt it could burp much better if tuned higher. On paper tuning is 36hz but it plays solid down to 28hz. Just check out my YouTube vid playing V.I.C. - Get Silly which peaks @ 28hz.

The 2 door ones can get loud, but I still don't feel like they are as loud due to a smaller cargo area. My teammate has a crappy box with a solo x 18 and it has done mid 151's @ the headrest with a Solo X 18. He has had a lot more luck with running a single driver and internal ports.

The 2 door ones can get loud, but I still don't feel like they are as loud due to a smaller cargo area. My teammate has a crappy box with a solo x 18 and it has done mid 151's @ the headrest with a Solo X 18. He has had a lot more luck with running a single driver and internal ports.
Its just not as good for stock classes....with the cargo area space you said.

With this side ported design I can get it to do alright in dB Drag street C. Obviously I can easily fit 4 12s in the cargo area with the seats up and locked. This box is a touch bigger than I would run in Street C and it's roughly 1" below the window line now. Only need to shorten it 1" & I can run 4 saz-3500s side by side under the box then put a battery like the xs d3100 in the back passenger corner.

*Update*

Subs have broken in good now. I hit my best score so far with a legal (sealed, mic on the windshield) 150.6db at an Nspl event in Lumberton, NC yesterday. Time to put some more power into these things. I'll be testing out a pair of saz-2000s soon and then a pair of saz-3500s. The single saz-3500 @ 0.5ohm is barely a tickle for these SAs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.