1.5" roundover on outside of port

100_3401.jpg

100_3403.jpg

3/4" roundover on each side of the inside of the port

100_3404.jpg

assembling the box

100_3402.jpg

100_3405.jpg

The box is not completely done. It's only good enough to play right now. There was an event at the local dragstrip that I was in a hurry to get to so time got cut really short.

This thing sounds great and gets low & plenty loud. No good #s yet though. It'll play Jeezy - Put On full tilt without breaking a sweat. Yes even the low note. Lil Jon & Ying Yang Twins - Get Low also sounds great. I played Flo Rida - Sugar (constant bass line peaks @ 40hz) full tilt through the entire song and the subs didn't sweat it a bit. Not even the slightest smell. I did take one vid with my digicam. However, because I was sitting in the truck with my arm leaning across the seat the vibrations through my arm shook the hell out the camera. I didn't realize until I got home and looked at it how bad it was.

Now for the bad news. I was in such a hurry to get it done that I cut several corners. The box is only single layered without any bracing. It didn't even get any screws. Just some TiteBond and brad nails. After playing music all the way there as soon as started playing tones to find out where exactly it's peaking the freakin side of the box blew apart. Still managed a 149.3db legal with the side of the box flapping like crazy. I tried taping the seams with Gorilla Tape but the entire side let loose. Oh well, that's what I get for being in a hurry.

I stopped by my shop on the way home and got it fixed up. A little glue, resin, and some screws got it in playable condition again. Hopefully I can find someplace open in the morning that has threaded rod so I can have this thing braced for the competition I'm going to tomorrow afternoon.

Man I would love to get a couple of these, but no funds to do so when saving up for far greater things. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Nice equipment, now spend some time cleaning up the wires and maybe do an amp rack and you will be good to go! Nice numbers to boot!

now spend some time cleaning up the wires and maybe do an amp rack and you will be good to go! Nice numbers to boot!
I change up equipment way too much for that. Depending on what Org I'm competing in that weekend and what class I'm wanting to run there will be something different in the truck. Everything always looks like drop & go cause that's what it is.

Here's the one vid I made so far. It ***** so I just through it up on Photobucket.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/derrick824/Explorer/?action=view&current=100_3419.flv

I change up equipment way too much for that. Depending on what Org I'm competing in that weekend and what class I'm wanting to run there will be something different in the truck. Everything always looks like drop & go cause that's what it is.
Here's the one vid I made so far. It ***** so I just through it up on Photobucket.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/derrick824/Explorer/?action=view&current=100_3419.flv
I hear ya on going through setups. I am on my 6th one in my car......in 3 years. I generally clean up my wires a little more than you though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Don't take that long.......more a prefrence thing to me.

Got the box sealed up good. Still no bracing. Hit a 149.9 legal at a comp today. I'm hoping for a decent gain with some all thread bracing cause this box is flexing bad all the way around.

Can you fold the seat up with it like that?
Box is only 31" deep and it's about 3/4-1" below the window line. I can fold the seats up, lock them into place, and still have room to stick my amp between them and the box. There's also room in the back passenger corner to stick my battery so everything can easily be relocated to the cargo area. I'm used to doing that for Nspl cause their rules state all equipment must be in the cargo area.

I'll try to get some vids tomorrow. Also gonna do some clamping. I'm curious to see how much actual power I'm using.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.