4 Sundown SA-12s in a Explorer

Vid playing some DJ Billy E. My digicam ***** but it still got the roof flex very well. The whole side of the truck flexes pretty good just doesn't show in this vid.

Another vid uploading now. Will post in a minute.

Here's the other vid playing Gorilla Zoe - Juice Box screwed. You can sort of see the side flexing at the end.

Does port side not hurt your score?
I've tested with several different boxes and every time it's louder on the TL when side ported. With my single 15" setup I lose at least 0.5db. Lost a full 1db at a comp once just by twisting the box to port back. I also gain more in the floor with my side ported spl box. This box doesn't do much better in the floor though. Probably because of the low tuning. The biggest benefit is I can fit more into the cargo area with a side ported design.

I got my new HD camcorder today so all my new vids should come out really nice. There are several from today's comp uploading to YouTube now.

I also finally got this box braced with threaded rod every which way. Didn't do spl at the comp today and haven't metered it yet on my TL but will soon to see what difference it made.

I've tested with several different boxes and every time it's louder on the TL when side ported. With my single 15" setup I lose at least 0.5db. Lost a full 1db at a comp once just by twisting the box to port back. I also gain more in the floor with my side ported spl box. This box doesn't do much better in the floor though. Probably because of the low tuning. The biggest benefit is I can fit more into the cargo area with a side ported design.
Hmm...that's funny. Also the Explorers owners that I've ever talked to have said that they must run their ports back. I guess that goes to show that every car is different. You don't get loud until you learn your car:D

Hmm...that's funny. Also the Explorers owners that I've ever talked to have said that they must run their ports back. I guess that goes to show that every car is different. You don't get loud until you learn your car:D
His is a 2dr...maybe that makes the diff

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.