4 re audio sx 18s or 8 alpine type r 12s..

Yeah you got that right I barely give advice anymore cause of all the stupid advice that gets given and people want to believe it.

That guy keeps pushn TC sounds crap on the OP because he went out and bought 4 18's out of parts express...WOW, thats hardcore and shit you know. I can't fux with dat YO.

i have to agree on the 4 15's route... if your looking for a daily beater, while keeping your seats, it would be much easier to design a proper box, and get the right airspace needed... when you start thinking about doing 2k+ per sub, your talking about a good amount of air space, for the majority of subs out there.

also, cone area doesnt always mean louder... i've seen guys with 4 18's get their asses handed to them by guys with 4 15's... just due to box design.

in all actuality, you could get 2 18's... like 2 xcons... and with the proper box design, it would really suprise the hell out of you. point being... you dont always have to have more subs, or bigger subs to get loud.

After reading multiple posts from you, i've come to the conclusion that you're an idiot when it comes to equipment. My advice to you would be not to suggest any equipment to anyone on any fourm on the internetz nor in real life until you've at least owned 40 different types of subwoofers. In reference to my comment here, I also call bulllshit on your claimed numbers in your ricer. But the internetz is filled with peeps like that YO.
oh, and to the original poster : Tc sounds subs are NOT spl drivers. They're big on the fail catagory for a long time now, at least since 2004.
if you could read posts, you'd see that i said, "one did a 151" not "I did a 151". go to t3audio.com and check out the video on the homepage demonstrating the new tsns and they test it there.

I have owned numerous subwoofers and seen installs on many others...not sure what you're going for on that remark

and yes tc sounds is not for spl numbers, but make great daily driver subs. which is what the op is going for.

just because you thought it would be smart to throw 5000w at a prototype sub at 50hz that was designed as a sql sub and then complained when it broke doesn't mean tc doesn't make good stuff. they must be doing something right, they are the build house for nearly a dozen companies over the years.

QUOTE=Ryan shaw;7734559]if you could read posts, you'd see that i said, "one did a 151" not "I did a 151". go to t3audio.com and check out the video on the homepage demonstrating the new tsns and they test it there.

I have owned numerous subwoofers and seen installs on many others...not sure what you're going for on that remark

and yes tc sounds is not for spl numbers, but make great daily driver subs. which is what the op is going for.

just because you thought it would be smart to throw 5000w at a prototype sub at 50hz that was designed as a sql sub and then complained when it broke doesn't mean tc doesn't make good stuff. they must be doing something right, they are the build house for nearly a dozen companies over the years.

First of all, id never go to any website affiliated with Jonathan and his shitty TSNSNSNASNSAS subs. That's a no-brainer.

Second, i'm completely ecstatic that you've seen other people's installs, that must of been alot of experience you gained from that.

Third, TC nuthugging is so 2008

Fourth, I was an employee at TC sounds at the time of the creation of that video you referenced. It was for their engineering department to review. And after not heeding my suggestions of adding more spiders to the driver to reduce the violent outcome that was shown they were smart enough to sell those exact same drivers to the general public as "SPL Drivers". So yeah, they must be doing SOMETHING right if Eclipse dropped them as well as the people whom they were trying to pawn off their "exclusive" plannar drivers to, much less the countless number of little start ups that went under while contracting their buildhouse services.

In conclusion,....yeah, pretty much everyone reading this thread has come to a conclusion allright //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

...again, stupid kids.

Alright whatever. Not in the mood to argue. You run whatever you run, I'll run mine. In the end it's just really loud bass that is about 5% different than a similar install.

Am I the only one that thinks he should stick to 12"s? I've heard multiple tahoes with 6 12"s setups and the were hellified. Making the most of your airspace should trump cramming big woofers. Aeroport that bish and you would have monster output. Just need to find some high power low dropping woofers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.