4" component vs 4"x6"

Participant count
  • Participant list

thegr8cody
10+ year member

well i just purchased some id ctx65cs and needless to say im in love with them i stil gotta deaden my doors and make some new speaker pods to get the most out of them.but now that i got my door speakers i need some dash speakers to bring my sound stage up.only problem is the only 4" component set in my price range is cdt cl and ive heard bad things from them and now with how good my id's sound i definitely dont wanna cut any corners.so im thinkning about doing 4x6's probably the image dynamics ctx46 has anyone had any experiences with these speakers after hearing the ctx component im sure they will be nothing short of amazing but just asking for some input if anybody can recommend a good set

i've had some of the older sets of the ctx4 and they sounded good for a coax. since you have to make some pods for your doors before purchasing some dash speakers why not work with the install of the 6s. which way u have them fireing?

you could greatly improve your soundstage by crossfiring the directon the speaker faces. for example most "factory locations" in doors just fire straight across to the other side of the car firing into the legs of the occupants. if your building a pod you could angle the speakers and crossfire them towards the center of the car or towards the drivers/passengers head area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.