4 Inch Component Speakers : Lots of Choices

I am putting 4" components in a BMW E90 and trying to pick what to go with. My budget is $200 for a set.

These are what I have picked out so far:

Rainbow SLX 210 Deluxe

MMats Pro 4.0

CDT Audio CL-41/22

I would really like to go with the CDTs if the improvement to the Rainbows or MMats is not dramatic. Does anyone have any opinions on any of these speakers?

edit:

I just found these:

MTX TX4001

For $91, how would they compare to the list above?

mtx is a no go...i have heard great things about the cdts and the rainbows but have never actually heard them for myself. i would choose one of those two over the mmats if it was me buying them

You can never go wrong with anything MMats makes. But I'm a little bit of a nut-hugger //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
wanna come over //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

wanna come over //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
What you got nga? You gun make me jealous huh? I will have you know that if it's their newer style amps, I won't be as jealous as if it's the old style...Both are good amps, but the old ones were seeeexy!

I've run Rainbow and DLS....in general, the rainbows are a little brighter than the dls. But I'd highly recommend listening to the different sets (if possible) to see what kind of sound you like best. I once bought speakers based on reviews and recommendations without actually hearing them, and when I finally bought and installed them I HATED the sound. I kept improving the install (more deadening, etc.) and tried running active with eq-ing and t/a, but could never get them to sound good to my ears.

I ended up ordering the DLS set and hope that they sound good to my ears as well as my girlfriend whom I bought them for. My friend ordered Polk Tweeters for a car he is doing which happens to be almost the exact same as the car I am installing the DLS's in. He keeps telling me I wasted my money and the Polks are going to sound "so much better". Does anyone think his claims could be some what right? I feel that the setup I'm doing SHOULD sound better overall.

Don't worry guys I did my research. A quick Google search and its pretty obvious not to go through them. I used Sonic Electronix and actually had a huge issue with back orders but after 2 phone calls they fixed everything. But could you give your opinion on my question from before about my friends Polk setup?

The DLS's are nice.The Polk coax are no big deal but I think the Polk DB100 tweeter is as good as the DLS tweeter.But they should be for what they retail at.I put a set of Polk componenets in my daughters car with that tweeter and I was impressed with it-the woofers were nothing to write home about though.What do you have for midbass after the 4 inchers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.