10 inch sub recommendations

spokey9

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
NE AR
So the kid that mows our lawn just got his first car and is in the process of getting emancipated (or whatever that's called. He 17 and getting out from under his parents). I gave him a taramps ds800x2 and a set of 10 inch sealed boxes I had gotten in a trade that'll tuck inches back of early 2000's escape without taking up much space. I explained his options on how to wire things up and he decided he wanted to keep things simple until he learned more. So now I'm trying to figure out a set of 10's that'll sound decent in 1 cuft sealed on about 200-250w at 4ohm. Any suggestions in a budget price range?

Tell him to Google Horse's mouth with a gift in it!

$79.99 each, .7cu ft D2 or D4 depending on amp

2 of these stuffed $66 each

Amazon product ASIN B0013N0UCQ
or one of these stuffed $75 after coupon

Amazon product ASIN B0013MWT8A

370watts x 2 (bridged at 4ohms a channel) on sale for $69

Wire kit (I've purchased twice, it's OFC) $29

Amazon product ASIN B0C8VCNPWR

Lastly, again... SMH!
No worries buddy 😂 I already gave him an an amp and I had wiring latching around so he good there and the 2 single 10 boxes fit right while giveing him some space in the back...just needs subs now

Last edited:
Ah, wasn't sure. I've used the budget middle-line NVX's, I listed above, they are pretty darn good. There's a N series version that is as good as any in its price range at only $55.

• Ported Enclosure:
    • Recommended Volume: 1.25 ft3
    • Tuning Frequency: 34 Hz
    • Ideal Power RMS: 300W
    • F3 (Hz): 31
  • Sealed Enclosure:
    • Recommended Volume: .75 ft3
    • Ideal Power RMS: 350W
    • F3 (Hz): 43
    • FC (Hz): 49
    • QTC: 0.862
We did three of these in a triple box, it plays down to around 39hz in the car.

Last edited:
He listens to both country and western...so I wouldn't think he'll need to dig deep 🤔
Ah, wasn't sure. I've used the budget middle-line NVX's, I listed above, they are pretty darn good. There's a N series version that is as good as any in its price range at only $55.

• Ported Enclosure:
  • Sealed Enclosure:

He listens to both country and western...so I wouldn't think he'll need to dig deep 🤔

• Ported Enclosure:
  • Sealed Enclosure:

2 of those 10's in .75 sealed each, stuffed, right at 50hz. Going to be hard to find anything inexpensive that will work in anything smaller than around .7 cubes.

2 of those 10's in .75 sealed each, stuffed, right at 50hz. Going to be hard to find anything inexpensive that will work in anything smaller than around .7 cubes.
The boxes are 1cuft...which is on the larger side for a 10 imo

Well then... the 10's are at around 40 in a 1-cube box. The optimum is .75, , close enough. Stick a 13x7x5 shoebox full of sand inside the box for weight and damping, duck tape it all up, hot glue it to the inside, stuff the remaining cavity with some poly-fill , and you got a perfectly sealed 350-watt RMS sub with an f3 of 42hz for $55

DROP - THE - MIC!

Last edited:
Forgot about these, perfect for your need. Did a couple of these for my brother. 1lb of polyfil per sub. $39 at PE.

Forgot about these, perfect for your need. Did a couple of these for my brother. 1lb of polyfil per sub. $39 at PE.

Was just gonna post a link to these on sale at 39.99 a pop is tough to beat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...