(4) 8" ID subs in regular cab dodge ram.

Got the diamond plate cut. What a pain. Everything i read said to use as many teeth per inch blade I could find. I tried 36 and it was eating blades up every 3 inches of cut. I had to drop down to a 16 TPI blade and then it started cutting MUCH better. Went back with some sand paper to smooth things over. Time to hit the powder coat shop.

Diamondplate1.jpg

box looks nice, and about your screen name, I'll take it lol.
haha, Yeah, ive had multiple setups since that screen name but to be honest my W7 8" was my favorite until the 4 8" subs I am running now. Ive had an ID 12 ported and sealed, RE 12 ported, W7 8 ported and IDMax 10 ported before this setup. I am very happy now. I can't hit those killer low notes but I do have much more impact then I used to have which I love the most.

Ok, so it's done accept for hiding cables etc. I still have to replace the crappy screws holding the diamond plate down with some stainless steel ones. I think I may keep it the natural color and avoid the powder coat. Your thoughts? The carpet is actually a very very close match to the carpet on the back wall but its lighter then the floor carpet although the flash for some reason made that carpet look even lighter. In person it looks closer. Overall I am very happy. Great sound. Plenty of Bass and LOTS of impact for rock music which I am really loving. I will post a few more pics later but this is one I took tonight.

DSCF2190.jpg

Thx, just swapped in some nice stainless steal screws to hold the diamond plate in place. I think I am done besides hiding my cables and the tunning which is WAY off at the moment. With the box built this way the seat can go all the way back and lay all the way back. Great for my tall friends who borrow it!

My box is 1.2 cubic feet! About .35 cubic feet per sub after displacment. I filled each chamber with polyfill to get me a little more output. So I am assuming they are performing in about .45 cubic enclosures.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.