(4) 8" ID subs in regular cab dodge ram.

I have to say the 6oz of polyfill might be about right. The longer I listen to them the more I like the low end I get from it. The impact seems to still be there after messing with the gains and crossover settings a bit. Diamond plate just came in yesterday. I have to get it cut and found a powder coating shop near my house I will be dropping it off with. Hope to get some updated pics soon.

That is a nice setup. I am running the same setup and it pounds. I just put the new PDX 1200/1 on mine friday and they love the power. Got my gain set at 1 o'clock and they are taking it just fine. My amp is rated at 1400 watts actual power, so I have got to be pushing at least a 1,000 watts to them right now. I have to say the new PDX amps sound amazing. I had a kenwood excelon on them and the alpine PDX's blows it away in sound quality.

Oh yeah! Let me know when you get it done. That jl audio 1000/1 should be prefect on those. These speakers are rated at 150 RMS/300 PEAK. But around 250 RMS seems to be what they need at least in my opinion. I had that 700 watt kenwood on them before with the gain wide open and it sounded good. But the ID'S have amazing output on a 1000 watts. Anybody that says ID's don't get loud don't have enough power on them.

That is a nice setup. I am running the same setup and it pounds. I just put the new PDX 1200/1 on mine friday and they love the power. Got my gain set at 1 o'clock and they are taking it just fine. My amp is rated at 1400 watts actual power, so I have got to be pushing at least a 1,000 watts to them right now. I have to say the new PDX amps sound amazing. I had a kenwood excelon on them and the alpine PDX's blows it away in sound quality.
How do you know what your amplifier's output is at "1 o'clock"? Usually when someone describes their gain setting method in this manner, it means they dont understand how to set them correctly.

Nice! I Haven't ran into to many ppl running 4 8" subs in a truck. Especially the same brand as mine. How much air space are you giving them? The 1000/1 I am running seems to be perfect on power. It slams the hell out of them and I would be worried to put much more to them. Cutting Dimaond plate Top this weekend. Been hard finding time to work on it lately. Your setup reminds me I still need to go back and hide my cables... mine look awful!

You are going to have to change your screen name. :p

BTW, that Lunar L2125 that I purchased from you last year is about to go back in my Mustang!

You are going to have to change your screen name. :p
BTW, that Lunar L2125 that I purchased from you last year is about to go back in my Mustang!
HAHA, yeah I should modify my name huh? Glad to hear the Lunar is still running strong. I really miss those Lunar amps. The JL amps arent bad but I prefer the Lunar's. I will probably go back to them one day when I can afford it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.