4 8’s in a Tahoe

@Buck you down for viewing a few pics :D

9jinPVS.jpg

ilSP2Ko.jpg

Well I did some measuring. I have 4^ft to work with. That’s with out any displacements, but being that I’m planning on running external ports, all I have to worry about is sub/bracing displacement, but even then, I can make the box a little bigger. I’ve a huge fan of NVX Audio. For the price point, they’re awesome. This is where I need some in put.

2 12” NVX VCW’s (1000w each, going to need a 2200-2500w amp to run at 1ohm)

Or

3 10” NVX VSW’s. (500w each, going to run at 1.33ohm, 2000w amp).

I came down to these two subs, because it’s what I can run. I can get away with 4 8’s, but I’ll be spending much more money.

Being that I listen to a lot of roots reggae (Rebelution, Stick Figure, Tribal Seeds...etc) do you guys think the 10’s would be more ideal since reggae bass tends to be a little all over the place in the bass spectrum? Also they would be more Cone Area, and less total air space, Or just run 2 12’s and call it a day?

I’m currently running 2 12inch NVX VSW v1’s, (discontinued). I could even keep these, but the higher bass notes sound like garbage, which I’m guessing could be due to the box. (Sealed box, same chamber, slightly undersized). Realizing their is a lot I can do now, just trying to figure out what would be more ideal.

I think I’m just overthinking this whole thing idk....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.