FU 300 tens and 12s for 50 dollars each.

Jeffdachef
5,000+ posts

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Zh9N76.jpg

I had two of the 10" FU-300 subwoofers I purchased from Darth NITB. I tried one in a Chrutchfield pre-fab box that claimed to be tuned to 35 hz and it was loud and sounded good on 500 watts. They are a good deal at that price!

I had two of the 10" FU-300 subwoofers I purchased from Darth NITB. I tried one in a Chrutchfield pre-fab box that claimed to be tuned to 35 hz and it was loud and sounded good on 500 watts. They are a good deal at that price!
yeah i remember he won those after i told him about the contest lol.. so it sounded good huh? yeah i'm sure that box is more like 40hz but still..

yeah i remember he won those after i told him about the contest lol.. so it sounded good huh? yeah i'm sure that box is more like 40hz but still..
I thought just as good as my Alpine SWS 12. The graph in my avatar is a comparison between my Alpine SWS 12 D4 sealed and that FU-300 10 D4 in that pre fab box. To be honest though there was some tinsel slap since the tinsels were not stitched into the spider, but I only noticed it during free air play. The kid I sold them too was skeptical until I played one in that box and he was instantly sold. I bet in the proper box, those would make some unbeatable budget subwoofers.

yeah cheaper to just replace but thats also a selling point lol.. i debating between 2 of them in smallish ported or a 1- d2 750 maybe cab ultra 12
There won't be much difference between the CAB Ultra and your FU. If you upgrade what are you wanting to get out of it? More SPL? Lows? Flatter response?

The 300 10 models up near identical to an Earthquake Sound TNT-10s and they are both outperformed by the American Bass DX10. On rated power the FU is at half of its capable xmax, a smaller coil sub, like the others mentioned, in the same power class is going to be more efficient and get louder on the same power. The FU has higher thermal handling than other subs in its power class because of the 2.5 in coil. You would need at least a 1k amp on a pair to get them really moving. If power is limited I would choose something else. That's my 2 cent observation.

There won't be much difference between the CAB Ultra and your FU. If you upgrade what are you wanting to get out of it? More SPL? Lows? Flatter response?
He doesn't know....still gon' be 2 ohm. (it's not gonna change)

The 300 10 models up near identical to an Earthquake Sound TNT-10s and they are both outperformed by the American Bass DX10. On rated power the FU is at half of its capable xmax, a smaller coil sub, like the others mentioned, in the same power class is going to be more efficient and get louder on the same power. The FU has higher thermal handling than other subs in its power class because of the 2.5 in coil. You would need at least a 1k amp on a pair to get them really moving. If power is limited I would choose something else. That's my 2 cent observation.

For someone who apparently smokes a lot of weed you’re quite good at explaining things

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.