4 12" orion h2's and 2 orion 2500d's

jeramydean
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
how loud do you guys think this system would be in a 1991 extended cab s-10. I am going for sql so the boxes would likley be sealed: 1.75-2.5 sqft (seperate chambers for each sub.) each pair of subs would be powered by an orion 2500d amp. Current front stage consists of 2 4x6 boston rx7's and components are diamond audio s600a 6.5" with the crossovers that come with that set. any coments would be appreciated

Might be overkill...those Orions pull current. Have you thought about your electrical system?

Also, you have all those speakers in the front? I'd imagine you're having some imaging problems...I'd consider going with just the set of comps up front.

Snova's right... (2) 2500's will pull a good bit of current. Spend a couple hundred on the electrical and you'll be happier with it.

Also right on the front "stage" that you have. IMO.

Otherwise, I would say that 1.75-2.5 sealed is a bit big for those 12's. 2.5 Ported would be about right, but you might wanna cut it back to around 1.5 sealed.

Oh, and it should be rather loud. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

i am not really worried bout the cost. i want the loudest system around here. (im into comps) a guy im my town has 6 12" jl w7s vented. and another guy has 12 10" l5 kickers. im looking for somthing that will be louder than both of them with more sq. if you could hooke me up with sum ideas that would be great... Subs, Amp/s, and box type/size only please. thanks

Hate to say it, but you're not going to beat six W7's vented with four 12's sealed. Ain't gonna happen, unless his install skills **** (which, if you have that many subs, he could probably afford to have it professionally installed, which increases the chances that it would be properly done...not a guarantee, but helps the chances).

I wouldn't count on being the loudest.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.