4 10s sealed

E10s are listed at 0.5ft^3, my box is 2.43ft^3 with 2lbs of polyfill, you’re saying it’s being suffocated? ? 2nd when I built my box for 15s n it was like 3-4”, I was told it should be 6-7” for port to load off of which is why stang re did the sketch for Sa12s I then got my 7” clearance n everything was good. As for his box I didn’t build his box the shop did n it was a 2x2 port no idea the length, the bass was deeper with a towel plugged in the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i'd do 2 10's ported

True. I’d agree on the e10 being more towards ported with its 85ebp. Kicker cvr being 48ebp, p1 being 49ebp, 10w0v3 being 50eb, Dayton being 55ebp all are best sealed. Only thing is those that function better in sealed take less watts like 250-400w rms. But then again less is more, some say just because it takes more watts doesn’t mean it’ll perform better, deeper, louder etc.

6d3b3da8cfc9261d25dbbe1b269d0534--trailer-park-boys-funny-memes.jpg

Yup, he had 2 jltw310s ported, wasn’t happy, port was only like 3-4 inches from the door, covered it n it sounded better sealed. However the power just isn’t there. So either sound like me with the 4 e10s or worse or better with the w0’s that’s why I ask [emoji41], got a Silverado ready to put 4 10’s also after this 09 f 150. Which subs? Don’t know yet, But could use some insight

You can try porting it to the rear. Sounds like his setup is like mine.

d4d7189e4bc0d8f32e5ccd5d7f288540.jpg

True. I’d agree on the e10 being more towards ported with its 85ebp. Kicker cvr being 48ebp, p1 being 49ebp, 10w0v3 being 50eb, Dayton being 55ebp all are best sealed. Only thing is those that function better in sealed take less watts like 250-400w rms. But then again less is more, some say just because it takes more watts doesn’t mean it’ll perform better, deeper, louder etc.

2 10's ported on 1200 rms should be louder than the 4 sealed..

the lack of fullness, lows and accuracy was from a poorly designed box. Yes those sundowns are ported only subs.

thats way too small of a port. Its just a leaky sealed box at that point, not really a proper ported box. I have to agree with hertz mafia on this one
This is all worth repeating.

I wouldn't pick 4 Sundown E sealed, but still, the whole 4 10's in a tiny sealed box is very 1990's. I'd do fewer higher quality subs ported if it's possible in your space.

the lack of fullness, lows and accuracy was from a poorly designed box. Yes those sundowns are ported only subs.

thats way too small of a port. Its just a leaky sealed box at that point, not really a proper ported box. I have to agree with hertz mafia on this one
thank god you changed your avatar

View attachment 26557282

He went with 2 JL W6 12s ported in a console, took out the single side seat in the rear. that’s only 600w rms each, I’d pick the Sa12s like I had before n fed em 1200w each might not sound as good but way more spl than the w6s. JL is way overpriced

View attachment 26557282
He went with 2 JL W6 12s ported in a console, took out the single side seat in the rear. that’s only 600w rms each, I’d pick the Sa12s like I had before n fed em 1200w each might not sound as good but way more spl than the w6s. JL is way overpriced

wheres the port? w6 good sub idk about that box though...

wheres the port? w6 good sub idk about that box though...
Port is at the bottom of the box, side port facing the door. I was inside n when he pulled up I felt the floor of the house vibrating. Yes the sq beats the Sa12s but his pioneer head unit on 30 is to my pioneer head unit on 17-20 n I still got 10 more to go. Looks like 3 cubes to me, I wouldn’t spend $2000 on jl door speakers, w6s, box, setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.