4 10s sealed

Which would be the better setup between 4 JL10w0v3 on 1200w rms or sundown e10v3 on 2400w rms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
man i wanta say E just because of power handling and price but they may not be great sealed.. i'd say forget the wo and pick a couple other brands like dayton and image dynamics etc

man i wanta say E just because of power handling and price but they may not be great sealed.. i'd say forget the wo and pick a couple other brands like dayton and image dynamics etc
According to a guy in the same boat who did a poll on ssa forum, between the e, w0, and id. It ranked as id 44%, w0 33%, e10 22%. I see the w0 beats it in gain while the e beats the w0 85db+ in spl. According to a review between the W1v3 and e10 it was said e10 lacks accuracy and fullness, distortion at modest levels, low notes not as low like other subs, it’s ideal for ported. The e10 is 85 ebp, w0 is 50ebp. 50 n lower best sealed while 90 n above is best ported right? The Dayton is worth looking at. The rss265ho that is. I think they’re $130 each. The JL are $80 each and the e10 can be $87 each b stock or $129 new, they’re out of b stock. Mounting depth is 5 5/8 max.

lol... good luck!.. 4 10's huh?
Yup, he had 2 jltw310s ported, wasn’t happy, port was only like 3-4 inches from the door, covered it n it sounded better sealed. However the power just isn’t there. So either sound like me with the 4 e10s or worse or better with the w0’s that’s why I ask [emoji41], got a Silverado ready to put 4 10’s also after this 09 f 150. Which subs? Don’t know yet, But could use some insight

Yup, he had 2 jltw310s ported, wasn’t happy, port was only like 3-4 inches from the door, covered it n it sounded better sealed. However the power just isn’t there. So either sound like me with the 4 e10s or worse or better with the w0’s that’s why I ask [emoji41], got a Silverado ready to put 4 10’s also after this 09 f 150. Which subs? Don’t know yet, But could use some insight

Your trying to put 10lbs of shlt into 5lb bag. Car audio world less is more. Two 8s will kill 4 10s that are suffocated.

Your comment about the port being 3”-4” away from the door means you don’t understand what your trying to do... in most cases 3-4” is the sweet spot for the port to load off of. But the enclosure has to be right. And by the sounds of it you and your friend are just throwing shlt in there. Just because you put a port in a box doesn’t mean it’s right

Your trying to put 10lbs of shlt into 5lb bag. Car audio world less is more. Two 8s will kill 4 10s that are suffocated. Your comment about the port being 3”-4” away from the door means you don’t understand what your trying to do... in most cases 3-4” is the sweet spot for the port to load off of. But the enclosure has to be right. And by the sounds of it you and your friend are just throwing shlt in there. Just because you put a port in a box doesn’t mean it’s right
E10s are listed at 0.5ft^3, my box is 2.43ft^3 with 2lbs of polyfill, you’re saying it’s being suffocated? ? 2nd when I built my box for 15s n it was like 3-4”, I was told it should be 6-7” for port to load off of which is why stang re did the sketch for Sa12s I then got my 7” clearance n everything was good. As for his box I didn’t build his box the shop did n it was a 2x2 port no idea the length, the bass was deeper with a towel plugged in the port.

Your trying to put 10lbs of shlt into 5lb bag. Car audio world less is more. Two 8s will kill 4 10s that are suffocated. Your comment about the port being 3”-4” away from the door means you don’t understand what your trying to do... in most cases 3-4” is the sweet spot for the port to load off of. But the enclosure has to be right. And by the sounds of it you and your friend are just throwing shlt in there. Just because you put a port in a box doesn’t mean it’s right
I love this post bro

According to a guy in the same boat who did a poll on ssa forum, between the e, w0, and id. It ranked as id 44%, w0 33%, e10 22%. I see the w0 beats it in gain while the e beats the w0 85db+ in spl. According to a review between the W1v3 and e10 it was said e10 lacks accuracy and fullness, distortion at modest levels, low notes not as low like other subs, it’s ideal for ported. The e10 is 85 ebp, w0 is 50ebp. 50 n lower best sealed while 90 n above is best ported right? The Dayton is worth looking at. The rss265ho that is. I think they’re $130 each. The JL are $80 each and the e10 can be $87 each b stock or $129 new, they’re out of b stock. Mounting depth is 5 5/8 max.

the lack of fullness, lows and accuracy was from a poorly designed box. Yes those sundowns are ported only subs.

E10s are listed at 0.5ft^3, my box is 2.43ft^3 with 2lbs of polyfill, you’re saying it’s being suffocated? ? 2nd when I built my box for 15s n it was like 3-4”, I was told it should be 6-7” for port to load off of which is why stang re did the sketch for Sa12s I then got my 7” clearance n everything was good. As for his box I didn’t build his box the shop did n it was a 2x2 port no idea the length, the bass was deeper with a towel plugged in the port.

thats way too small of a port. Its just a leaky sealed box at that point, not really a proper ported box. I have to agree with hertz mafia on this one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.