4 10's in mitsubishi lancer trunk?

lookitsjim23
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Chicago
im thinking about picking up the buy3 get 1 TC deal and i was wondering if i would be able to fit 4 10's ported i the trunk of a lancer and it still be efficiant? if so could anyone do a sketch? i was thinking that the subs would face upwards and the port would be facing the trunk, but im not sure, so if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate it..thanks

If it is possible, I hope you know that you'll have next to 0 trunkspace left. Someone with some time on their hands could probably design you one to fit into your trunk, along the wheel wells and what not to save some space, rather than just a square box. The problem I ran into with fitting the box in mine is actually getting it in the trunk, rather than making it fit. I had to take out the rear seats //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Good luck!

Sealed 0.6ft3

Ported 1.6ft3

Large Box (Low Extention)

10dB-500

Type Volume Tuning Fq Area Port/Pass Length / Mass

Sealed 1.3ft3

Ported 2.7ft3 21Hz 12.5in2 20in

is the low extension box for home audio??? i would guess it is becuase the the 21hz tuning but i could be wrong?

i wouldnt mind using the whole trunk but i emailed TCAB and he said for 4 subs he would make 2 seperate boxes...but i dont think i really want to drop like $235 on boxes if i dont have to...i just dont know how i would be able to pull off the box unless someone here made it or gave me box plans

I think we need to know these dimensions before we help you out..

trunkhv1.jpg

And I know Z is normally depth, etc, etc, but I just threw out some random variables, so bare with me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

make sure u know that if u use the max dimensions than that means u have to build the box inside the trunk, if u plan on building it outside u have to make sure there's enough space to move the box into the trunk

You will not be able to fit the box inside the car unless you build it in there. If you are willing to do that- It is an easy task to come up with a ported box for your 10s.

PM if you are serious about building the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.