4 10's in a ported box

mrteacha
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ny
The box was designed by Dappa5(thanx a million- I would never have grown the balls to try this on my own) this was my first ported box. I have made a few sealed boxes but nothing of this magnitude.

The box is 7 Ft^3 @42 Hz. I have 4 kicker cvx's for now they will be running off a Rockford t10001bd... when funds become available I will be feeding them more power.On to the pics:

box5.jpg

box3.jpg

box2.jpg

box1.jpg

Before you all critisize the paint can( which is full) and the battery (which is good) I do have clamps:D

This build is going super slow as I find it hard to make time to work on this. I did manage to run 1/0 guage from front to rear today along with the rca's and a run of 4 gauge. I also wrapped the box in gray vinyl. First time using it, not too bad. I still have to raise the box about 1/2 inch more so I can make a trim piece to cover the ampsand it can be somewhat flush with the bottom of the box.. that is if i decide to keep the amps there.

substage.jpg

Hopefully i get to install the Ho alt. I got from powermaster

nice build! i would keep the amps there, looks good there....plus the port will blow air on them to keep em cool:p: kinda iffy on the tunage...might sound muddy on the lows....also is that 42hz tune before or after displacement...cuz if before when subs and bracing in volume goes down a tad and tuning goes up.

Post vids when done!

who calculates tuning before displacements? i mean, its a COMPLETELY worthless figure
i don't know..just thought i'd ask...you never know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.