4 10"s under the rear seat, Silverado ext cab

dang man, that's crazy... got measurements of the box? I'm about to do 2 12"s downfire in mine. Right now I've just got a single ported BL 10" with ~1300 watts.
Ill get the measuements tom. I had them written down but its been a week or so since I looked at them. Its doing its jub so far. Sounds alot better now that I fixed the box. Still want to seal it better but I will wait till I carpet the box to do that.

You can downfire the 2 12"s pretty easy, a 2" lift is prob needed but you will need to figure out how deep the subs are. I pulled 2 12" w6v2's and went to this setup.

Ill get the measuements tom. I had them written down but its been a week or so since I looked at them. Its doing its jub so far. Sounds alot better now that I fixed the box. Still want to seal it better but I will wait till I carpet the box to do that.
You can downfire the 2 12"s pretty easy, a 2" lift is prob needed but you will need to figure out how deep the subs are. I pulled 2 12" w6v2's and went to this setup.
Thanks man.

Well the video caoera i was using. The Kinon whatever ***** for video. It looks like the subs move 3 times a sec when they are pumping at like 35 hz. I just think the videos **** like that. Im looking for my charger for my other camera. When I do Ill post something up.

anotherseatview.jpg

Looks good. I did a 8" lif in my silverado. Managed to get 2 12" subs to fire forward. How did you keep your seat from tilting forward, and do your seat belts still work?

I'm also 6' 1" and could sit back there comfortable. And the box was pushed forward in that pic. It would go back about 3" but would keep shaking itself into that position.

holy ****

Lets take it up a knotch.

still cant run the subs to full. On the song I played I am 3 knotches low on the volume compared to what I can do with he RPM's up.

As for the seat it stays up on its own. I also lifted the seatbelts too so they work just like they would without the lift. My box wont move because the fiberglass holds it in the knotches in the floor.

Got my port situation figured out so now I can move forward with the build. The fibergalss bottom is done and its time to cut more wood. Here is where I sit as of today.
FG1.jpg

fg2.jpg

ports1.jpg

ports2.jpg

I have roughly 5.9cf before port displacement. Ought to be plenty to get me loud. I am a little low on port area but I hope to make that up with power and side firing the port. Subs are front firing.

This is the plan but add another port. Just gives you an idea what I am doing.
very very cool. i was wondering how you got that "hump" in the box to clear that tunnel. now i know to use fiberglass for it. im glad i came across your build.

very very cool. i was wondering how you got that "hump" in the box to clear that tunnel. now i know to use fiberglass for it. im glad i came across your build.
Thats why the mods were smart enough to do this section. Helps a ton to have setups that others have dont so you can use others ideas and learn from their mistakes. The fiberglass ended up being pretty expensive. Actually the entire box was. The aeros and fiberglass was prob almost $300. lol.

As for the excursion I think the camera makes it look worse than it actually is. They move pretty good though. I still have a little harder that I can push them without them bottoming out and the amp cuting out. I really need to sand and carpet the box. And do the electrical. The wire should be here today.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.