4 10"s under the rear seat, Silverado ext cab

GI JOEY
10+ year member

Paid 4 by ur tax $
Got my port situation figured out so now I can move forward with the build. The fibergalss bottom is done and its time to cut more wood. Here is where I sit as of today.

FG1.jpg

fg2.jpg

ports1.jpg

ports2.jpg

I have roughly 5.9cf before port displacement. Ought to be plenty to get me loud. I am a little low on port area but I hope to make that up with power and side firing the port. Subs are front firing.

This is the plan but add another port. Just gives you an idea what I am doing.

OK here we go, Got /4 of the box built. Once the fiberglass drys I can start filling it up with sand till I get my airspace. Then back to figuring out my port length. I will assume that I will be around 5.9 after DD but We will see how close my guess was. I wouldnt mind being a little less. I would like to come in colse to 5 cubes after port displacement. Here she is, dryin in the garage makin my whole house smell like resin. The ports are just kinda sittin in there. I just wanted to make sure they would clear the floor hump and hell I just wanted to look at them. lol. Not too bad.

These are from the back side of the box. I dont want to move it around too much while its wet. I have a board over the top right now with some subs and a kinetik bat weighing it down.

subs.jpg

box2.jpg

box1.jpg

box3.jpg

I will add another baf to the front when I am getting ready to mount the subs. I think I will recess the subs too. I have some 3/8" aluminum rod that I am using for the grill guard. I will take the rod over both subs on each side and use 2 rods per side.

i sure do wish there was room under the seats of my TBSS. I couldnt even fit an amp if I wanted too. Gayyy.
Progress looks great man.
Crap I'll take the TBSS over my silverado any day. I actually almost got a blacl 2wd before i decided on a beater truck. I know a guy with a 2wd ss with a built lsx motor and a KB SC. He kept the exhaust tip stock and redid everything else forward of that including long tubes. It looks 100% stock and has around 700whp. Meth inject too. Freakin beautiful rides.

LIL bro has a reg TB fully oaded and I know what you are talkin about with the under seat thing. The fuse box takes up all the room.

all the room for sure. I love my TBSS but I have issues with it haha. I need to be able to take golf clubs everywhere and putting a big speaker box back there ruins those possibilities. I shall be watching your build.

What year is your truck? 6 cubes under the seat is sick...got a friend who wants to put a box under his rear seats in his 05 avalance. He wants shitty prefabs with .5 cuft per sub lol

This is a 4" lift on an 01 2500HD Silverado. As for the Avalanch I am not so sure he will be able to get anywhere near as much airspace as I got from mine. If I had an Av, I would just use it like a blowthrough. Hell its free. lol. And you wont have to cut a **** thing.

Awesome, Winter weather warning 8-12" of snow expected. Now I am gonna have to wait to get my airspace till it all clears up. How annoying. Guess I shoulda gotten to work sooner.

Well I just hit a pretty big snag. I was messing with the subs looking them over and I got 4 ohm instead of 2 ohm. Now I will be **** at a 2 ohm load in series which limits me to only like 1900rms. 4 ohms gets me 2450+. ****. Well atleast I didnt plan on keeping these for all that long. I want to go to some DC level 3's when I get more money to put into this truck.

4 10"s... thats crazy under the seat but its Looking good
Well just getting the 4 10's to fit is easy, But getting the airspace for ported was a lil tricky. I spent alot of time trying to fihure out how to get these to fit front facing and to get the ports to fit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.