4 10"s under the rear seat, Silverado ext cab

*****5 stars, GJ
Thank you. Im pretty happy thus far. I learned I cent leave open containers anything over half filled in the truck. My floor is covered with freakin monster. So now I have a sticky floor. Kinda like a cup trick but on the inside of the truck. lol.

Thats why the mods were smart enough to do this section. Helps a ton to have setups that others have dont so you can use others ideas and learn from their mistakes. The fiberglass ended up being pretty expensive. Actually the entire box was. The aeros and fiberglass was prob almost $300. lol.
As for the excursion I think the camera makes it look worse than it actually is. They move pretty good though. I still have a little harder that I can push them without them bottoming out and the amp cuting out. I really need to sand and carpet the box. And do the electrical. The wire should be here today.
dang $300 bones. i should have expected this with the fiberglass and materials to do this kind of job. i will probably be using half of what you used tho. so it might not be too bad.

dang $300 bones. i should have expected this with the fiberglass and materials to do this kind of job. i will probably be using half of what you used tho. so it might not be too bad.

Well the aeros were like 60. So the fiberglass was around $250 but I also went a little crazy on the fiberglass. I used over 3 gallons of resin. I think I am over a half inch thick.

I built the battery tray, went to start wiring the 1/0 under the hood and the freakin +JL terminal broke. So it looks like I am either gonna buy some more or I might just say screw it and use some ghetto ones from the auto parts store, Ill look and seewhats around. I'm leaning toward ghetto because I am going broke. All th wire came in and I also put in a new deck. Alpine 8994. It actually sounds better than the old alpine and the vol isnt tripping out at 22. I also ordered some MB coax 6.5's to replce the ghetto pioneeres. Driver door is blown.

Still need to fab up something for the kick pods. I want to replace the door panels with some newer ones so I can put 2 sets of comp in but that will have to wait.

Got the power wire run, sadly the second bat didnt do it for me. Its better but still cuttin out and dropping on me.

So the SPL tiles are going in and the roof is getting some foam in the bracing. Gonna firm her up. I also got some MB coaxes to throw in to replace the blown free pioneeres I have in the doors now. I need to put the mid/ high amp in too and the other comps but I dont know what I want to do with the comps. Might just do some kick pods eventhough I dont like them.

love it! You going to put grills on the subs because it seems like people feet would be all over them. Grills are ugly though...

love it! You going to put grills on the subs because it seems like people feet would be all over them. Grills are ugly though...
Yes I am. I have some aluminum rod that I will bend kinda like the JL grills. I will cover 2 subs with each bar an do 2 or 3 bars per side. I havent decided yet. I am leaning toward 3 so I can keep my sons feet off the subs.

I am lovin the tiles. The truck seems louder and the truck isnt all rattles. I need to put some of the leftovers along the back wall too but 80% of my rattles was fixed with the foam and the spl tiles.

Love the install, i didnt think the 2 subs would clear the ports though, must be close. Youre pushing the **** out of those 10s, lol.

106ekwg.jpg

Yeah they move pretty good. Honestly in person they really dont look like they move that far. I honestly think part of it is the camera. As for the ports I had to trim a little off the flare and had to use a full double baffle to get them to clear. I have about an inch of room between the mag and the aero. If works nicely though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.