3rd gen 4runner- front stage

Participant count
  • Participant list

Beerad93

CarAudio.com Newbie
Car audio guys!

I'm interested in upgrading my front stage.
Head unit- kenwood KDC x704
I have kenwood KFC -P710PS componets up front.
Rear doors are Polk DB 6.5" coaxials
Front and rear powered by a Rockford punch 400.4
I have a Type R 12" sub that I'm considering a buck box design for. (Sounds not so good in the prefab)

I'm currently running a q power 15" super deluxe in a prefab on a NVX 750.1 monoblock
I'm going to address the sub situation soon but I'm curious about the front stage. Sound is clear up front but I'm anticipating once I address the sub stage I may to get something different up front. I thought maybe I could ditch the rear door speakers and go 3-way active. Or just 2-eay active. Does anyone have any suggestions or any pics of any custom work on these door panels. I could keep it simple keep the 2 way passive up front. But what about active? Maybe a budget DSP. Talk to me, give me some insight. Thanks in advance.

You have tweeters in the sail panels so I would just add some mids in the a-pillars. You can modify your pillars with fiber glass or buy pods.

200-300 for speakers. I'm kinda into sounding great. So if there's a good set up for below 200 I'm into that too.
Meant to say I'm into sounding great for the cheap lol. I'm a cheap ass. Plus I like the idea of being able to sound good and say it was done without spending a bunch of money.

Yes. Sorry I googled 3rd gen 4Runner and assumed they all had tweeters in them. Maybe you can find a pair at a salvage yard.
If its like my 03 Corolla S you don't want the stock tiny tweeters..There is No room to work easily with the tweeter panels ....I got a set of stock blank sails to mount my custom tweeters in...much more room ..im gonna try and sale my stock sails with tweeters on ebay ...

If its like my 03 Corolla S you don't want the stock tiny tweeters..There is No room to work easily with the tweeter panels ....I got a set of stock blank sails to mount my custom tweeters in...much more room ..im gonna try and sale my stock sails with tweeters on ebay ...

Nice to know. It's hard to size things up just by looking at pics.

200-300 for speakers. I'm kinda into sounding great. So if there's a good set up for below 200 I'm into that too.
I know a lot of people here run raw drivers with a dsp, personally though I have no experience with that so I'll let somebody else chime in there. I run the Morel Maximo Ultra 603a 3 way active, but its slightly out of your price range at $370. Sounds incredible though. Keep in mind if you do go 3 way you'll need another amp as you'll want 6 channels for the front stage. I run 2 Kicker CXA360.4. I got them at best buy for $130 each. 65 watts rms to the tweets and mids, bridged the second amp to get 180 watts rms x2 to the 6.5s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.