32mm tweeters for sale. soft dome 4 ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list

Papermaker85
5,000+ posts

Banned
New orleans LA
Item(s) for Sale:

prototype soft-dome tweeters for sale built in a HIGHEND build house in china and they where NOT CHEAP.

comparable the likes of CDTs DRT26 and other mid-highend tweeters you would buy from other reputable brand.

Item(s) Description/Condition: 10 hours of play excellent condition,

Price:

75$ plus shipping

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

you pay shipping probably 10 bucks..

Item Pictures:

Give me a break. You can't be serious.

No I cross both at 2250 -24db. That works in my car.

You are a stubborn ****** aren't you. Go back to making noise. That's easy. You will never open your ears enough to do well in this.

I started out just like you. I thought my car sounded great. I got ate alive. At that point I tucked my ego and listened.

You somehow think you are the only one that's been doing this a long time. I was helping my dad build a state record SPL van sponsored by Rockford in the early 90s. What we did then is way different then what we do now.

Sound quality then is terrible by today's standards.

Give me a break. You can't be serious. No I cross both at 2250 -24db. That works in my car.

You are a stubborn ****** aren't you. Go back to making noise. That's easy. You will never open your ears enough to do well in this.

I started out just like you. I thought my car sounded great. I got ate alive. At that point I tucked my ego and listened.

You somehow think you are the only one that's been doing this a long time. I was helping my dad build a state record SPL van sponsored by Rockford in the early 90s. What we did then is way different then what we do now.

Sound quality then is terrible by today's standards.
what is your problem? im asking you a question. if we are going to discuss beaming no reason to get mad. higher frequency means a narrower dispersion pattern correct?

I just want to point out that off-axis response is not always anchored to diameter of the diaphragm. There are bending wave type drivers that do not suffer that limitation and this is by clever design. Basically, the driver operates in non-destructive modes and behaviors that change the effective emmisive surface with increasing frequency. As the emmisive surface gets smaller, you are relieved of the normal limitations posed by the overall diaphragm and resulting beaming.

B&W has used this in their kevlar drivers for years. Long before that was the Jordan full range drivers pioneered and created by Ted Jordan, the father of full range drivers. Also get familiar with Joseph Manger and his beautiful creation of the Manger bending wave driver. This stuff goes back decades and is still a crucial benchmark for today's designers. It has helped yield many more affordable versions of bending wave drivers for applications that require good off-axis performance.

I will take the time to gather links for you guys if you're interested. Just putting it out there for fair consideration.

Ok so if i pull up a rta run just my driver side midrange and play a 5k 3k and 1 k tone would that sufffice?
Honest question. Not giving you a hard time at all.

Do you know how imaging supposed to work? I mean really work. If the singer or instrument is center stage where is center stage in relation to the car?

With that. What are the left and right boundaries and how large should the image appear?

Honest question. Not giving you a hard time at all. Do you know how imaging supposed to work? I mean really work. If the singer or instrument is center stage where is center stage in relation to the car?

With that. What are the left and right boundaries and how large should the image appear?
I've been in studios. Iv'e played in band. i understand imaging. whne chris comes over he will give an honest opinion of the drivers.

im going to clarify this for you.

lets say you have bass guitar on the far left 1 foot behind the lead singer.

centered in the very back the drummer

same placement s the bass guitar but to he right of the stage a trombone

slightly to the left and halfway between the drummer and the singer another horn say french horn

image is to accurately reproduce the position of each source.

Honest question. Not giving you a hard time at all. Do you know how imaging supposed to work? I mean really work. If the singer or instrument is center stage where is center stage in relation to the car?

what you hearing is the directionality and delay of each instrument as opposed to the main source.

I just want to point out that off-axis response is not always anchored to diameter of the diaphragm. There are bending wave type drivers that do not suffer that limitation and this is by clever design. Basically, the driver operates in non-destructive modes and behaviors that change the effective emmisive surface with increasing frequency. As the emmisive surface gets smaller, you are relived of the normal limitations posed by the overall diaphragm and resulting beaming.
B&W has used this in their kevlar drivers for years. Long before that was the Jordan full range drivers pioneered and created by Ted Jordan, the father of full range drivers. Also get familiar with Joseph Manger and his beautiful creation of the Manger bending wave driver. This stuff goes back decades and is still a crucial benchmark for today's designers. It has helped yield many more affordable versions of bending wave drivers for applications that require good off-axis performance.

I will take the time to gather links for you guys if you're interested. Just putting it out there for fair consideration.
oh **** yea you should.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

oh **** yea you should.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
No problem, I will post some of that up this evening. I'm telling you, that's the magic in those Jordan's.

I've been in studios. Iv'e played in band. i understand imaging. whne chris comes over he will give an honest opinion of the drivers.im going to clarify this for you.

lets say you have bass guitar on the far left 1 foot behind the lead singer.

centered in the very back the drummer

same placement s the bass guitar but to he right of the stage a trombone

slightly to the left and halfway between the drummer and the singer another horn say french horn

image is to accurately reproduce the position of each source.
Ok but where is each peice located in relation to the car and how large do they appear?

Speaking of space, you guys should both go out and pick up a copy of the Greendale CD/Album (or quality download) by Neil Young. The way they mic'd that session is just awesome and really helps you get that presentation right in your vehicle. Or if you're already setup, it is a masterful showoff piece for demo situations. Lots of life and vibrancy in that recording, around the instruments, the voices.

Speaking of space, you guys should both go out and pick up a copy of the Greendale CD/Album (or quality download) by Neil Young. The way they mic'd that session is just awesome and really helps you get that presentation right in your vehicle. Or if you're already setup, it is a masterful showoff piece for demo situations. Lots of life and vibrancy in that recording, around the instruments, the voices.
Old micheal Jackson is one of my favorite demo artist. Most of his stuff was recorded in binaural. It's like he is standing on your hood. Very holographic. Almost scary

Yeah I got that one. Him and crazy horse.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.