32mm tweeters for sale. soft dome 4 ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list

Papermaker85
5,000+ posts

Banned
New orleans LA
Item(s) for Sale:

prototype soft-dome tweeters for sale built in a HIGHEND build house in china and they where NOT CHEAP.

comparable the likes of CDTs DRT26 and other mid-highend tweeters you would buy from other reputable brand.

Item(s) Description/Condition: 10 hours of play excellent condition,

Price:

75$ plus shipping

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

you pay shipping probably 10 bucks..

Item Pictures:

Ok. Since you brought me into this.

These are nothing like the CDT. CDT is far from high end.

The rear chamber is to small to have a decent frequency response.

You fail again.

High end tweeters. You really don't know what high end even means.

Ok. Since you brought me into this. These are nothing like the CDT. CDT is far from high end.

The rear chamber is to small to have a decent frequency response.

You fail again.

High end tweeters. You really don't know what high end even means.
KMSL. you want to see some parameters? the rear chamber is too small? oh my. now your a driver expert huh? fs is around 1500 but no the rear chamber is to low to be a HIGHEND driver. since you know what makes a high-end driver go ahead and tell me

KMSL. you want to see some parameters? the rear chamber is too small? oh my. now your a driver expert huh? fs is around 1500 but no the rear chamber is to low to be a HIGHEND driver. since you know what makes a high-end driver go ahead and tell me
So it's a large tweeter that can't cross under 3k?? Where's the response graph, distortion graphs? Yeah I know a bit about good tweeters. I got some myself.

So it's a large tweeter that can't cross under 3k?? Where's the response graph, distortion graphs? Yeah I know a bit about good tweeters. I got some myself.
can't be crossed beyond 3k? there is NOT such rule. kmsl. Ive crossed it as low as 2500 with a 24db slope for listening with NO PROBLEMS. now the ceramics i have at 3.15 the mids play stupid high gratend they are off axis the very low inductance and excellent motor strength allows them to lay well beyond what id recommend someone xover..

can't be crossed beyond 3k? there is NOT such rule. kmsl. Ive crossed it as low as 2500 with a 24db slope for listening with NO PROBLEMS. now the ceramics i have at 3.15 the mids play stupid high gratend they are off axis the very low inductance and excellent motor strength allows them to lay well beyond what id recommend someone xover..
To stay out of distortion we typically don't cross a tweeter under 2x FS. But since you got no graph for your high end tweeters, who knows.

As for the mids and off axis. With all your wisdom I'm sure you know what beaming is right?

I mean you are all of a sudden a SQ guru.

To stay out of distortion we typically don't cross a tweeter under 2x FS. But since you got no graph for your high end tweeters, who knows. As for the mids and off axis. With all your wisdom I'm sure you know what beaming is right?

I mean you are all of a sudden a SQ guru.
i design speakers. also generally has NO weight. ESP when you figure in Qt of the alignment tweeter axis and input power. that's like saying generally you cross a mid range or subwoofer an octave higher without knowing QTC, QT,

FS is proportional to MMS and CMS and just because one tweeter has a higher FS doesn't mean it sounds worse. chances are it going to have better mechanical dampening and a smoother roll off and higher frequency response.

Fyi. That 2x fs comes from the drivers lack of excursion and powerhandling. Its all about using the driver correctly.

Give me 50 bucks then you can test them and say they are junk. Knowing you i could make the best drivers ever and you would say they ****. Don't worry Chris from diyma will let you know soon enough.

Fyi. That 2x fs comes from the drivers lack of excursion and powerhandling. Its all about using the driver correctly.Give me 50 bucks then you can test them and say they are junk. Knowing you i could make the best drivers ever and you would say they ****. Don't worry Chris from diyma will let you know soon enough.
I'm sure they would sound fine.

Man as much as you know you would think you where highly decelerated champ.

I hope he does give a honest review. And I hope he knows enough to give a review.

Since we're just dumping in this poor guy's thread, I should post vids of the ribbon tweets I've made. Ever see a ribbon play bass notes with nearly an inch of excursion?

Price is good on these, chamber looks good enough to support an Fs of 600-800, no problem. I have smaller tweets with smaller chambers that are sporting an Fs of 1000Hz.

Since we're just dumping in this poor guy's thread, I should post vids of the ribbon tweets I've made. Ever see a ribbon play bass notes with nearly an inch of excursion?
Price is good on these, chamber looks good enough to support an Fs of 600-800, no problem. I have smaller tweets with smaller chambers that are sporting an Fs of 1000Hz.
Look at his paper in the first pic.

This camber isn't big enough to go that low.

Look at his paper in the first pic. This camber isn't big enough to go that low.
If the dome itself is 32mm, then you are looking at something that is bigger than it actually appears. There's a good bit of width beyond the surround and when properly scaled, the depth becomes more apparent. It doesn't take that much volume to support anything near 800-1K.
Anyway, doesn't matter. There's a lot more to it than just the volume behind the dome. We don't know what the Qtc of the driver was or what the impedance magnitude without the chamber was, so how would we know what the necessary chamber size is to produce the final rolloff and at what Fc. The chamber in the large format Usher/ScanSpeak drivers is not very spacious once you crack it open for a look. You have to remember it's a partnership & system response between a driver with its own parameters and the effects of the enclosure it is placed in, just like a subwoofer in an enclosure. I've seen subwoofers in shoeboxes getting down into the teens without issue. All one needs to do is apply scale to this discussion to see the possibility is there. Total system response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fyi. I never said they where highend. I said they are middle road similar to what you would find in 500 to 600 dollar sets. They are very capible tweeters and sound better than a ton of tweeters I've heard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.