$300 front speakers

twanked~ls
10+ year member

THE REGAWL
kentucky
i recently replaced my rear 6x9's with pioneer primier and i like them alot. they are the yellow coned ones(dont know what model) i would like to stay all kenwood for speakers until i have enough to run some nicer speakers. i want a component system. help me out!

kenwood doesnt make the best of speakers. great head units, but there speakers lack in midbass and are harsher than other @ the price range you are looking at

PM 6spdcoupe for rainbow SLC 265 kicks, and throw them ~125 watts

SLC's are good and so are Boston Pro60's. I personally love my JL XR's because the midbass is warm acurate and very detailed. But all of those dont amount to **** compared to the Pioneer Premier 720prs. I had the chance to hear these yesterday and the midbass is HUGE. Im already planning on buying a set and selling my XR's as much as i love them. Only had the XR's for 4 months too. I had read a couple of reviews of the 720prs' and alot of people say they sound better than anything under $500. Now I have not heard every component set under $500. But I cannot imagine anything in that price range coming close. Search around online. You can find them for about $240.

I wasn't too impressed with the PRS's personally when i heard them last week (it was in a wall though...) I liked the rev's better (revs are the yellow coned ones).

But the pro60's...different story. very nice.

The 25th annivesary kenwoods are on sale at cructhfield for $199. I have heard the tweeter is "great" but it would definetly be worth a shot. That or the pioneerprs-720 if you decide to go Pioneer.

The tweeter on those Kenwoods it fairly good, everything below is just hollow sounding. I was not impressed by them at all. I know there are a few others on here that agree. You can get SLC for a lot cheaper than 300.00 if you know the right people.

The tweeter on those Kenwoods it fairly good, everything below is just hollow sounding. I was not impressed by them at all. I know there are a few others on here that agree. You can get SLC for a lot cheaper than 300.00 if you know the right people.
He's one of the right people.

Along with 6spcoupe.

^^^

Whatever you choose, be sure to properly treat the door. You should include this cost in your budget. If you total front stage budget is $300. I bet you can get a $200 to sound better than a $300 with untreated doors.

You could pick up my pros from 200 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.