Horns for my e30 325i 89'

aight no matter. Never really hearing ID cd 1e's myself before im going to try them out in my car. Tomorrow ill figure out if they fit or not. Im wondering, how "airy" or how much of an "echo" is apparent with horns. I like rich detailed sound in the higher range but i need some reference. Ive heard of certain "conventional" drivers sounding "airy" but perhaps i still dont know what that means.

Is it going to be one on those really obvious differences that will be an acquired taste? Im really hoping that the awesome imaging of the horns will give me that semi concert feel in my car and that the "airyness" will be less felt because of it.

Hmm... so i listen to a lot of rock and i do have some shakira for those extremely metro sexual moments, or annoying the girl who has more balls then me at times //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You're sig is one of my fav movie lines...I probably quoted it at least 50 times over the years... but please change it to "we're", not "we are". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

aight no matter. Never really hearing ID cd 1e's myself before im going to try them out in my car. Tomorrow ill figure out if they fit or not. Im wondering, how "airy" or how much of an "echo" is apparent with horns. I like rich detailed sound in the higher range but i need some reference. Ive heard of certain "conventional" drivers sounding "airy" but perhaps i still dont know what that means.
Is it going to be one on those really obvious differences that will be an acquired taste? Im really hoping that the awesome imaging of the horns will give me that semi concert feel in my car and that the "airyness" will be less felt because of it.

Considering the Cd1e's aren't "real" horns, I would expect to get the full "horn" experience from them.

They can be made to sound decent.

But stepping up to a true HLCD, like the CD1-Pro or CD2 Comp, would be a large improvement in sound.

You're sig is one of my fav movie lines...I probably quoted it at least 50 times over the years... but please change it to "we're", not "we are". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
for you. changed.

Hey squeak. Im not really understanding but how the cd 1e's aren't a "true" horn. Is there some sight you can direct me to about the or how the horns work. Ive the the article or explanation on elitecaraudio.com btw.

Well this seller is giving a good price for cd 1e's and a good guy and i dont have the most relaxed budget after buying my car. Im going to take some measurements and see if it fits but thanks for the heads up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hey squeak. Im not really understanding but how the cd 1e's aren't a "true" horn. Is there some sight you can direct me to about the or how the horns work. Ive the the article or explanation on elitecaraudio.com btw.
The older CD1e's use piezos rather than a true compression driver.

From what I've "heard" the newest CD1e's (as in, produced in the last couple months) are using actual compression drivers now though.

But I'm guessing if you're buying used...they won't be the newest version available.

Anyways...the horn bodies on one of the CD1e's are supposed to be pretty good in and of itself. Can't remember if it's the mini or full body, but some people have used that horn body with regular compression drivers with great results.

The downfall of the CD1e's is the drive unit being piezo. Just not the same quality of sound produced by most true compression drivers. Doesn't have quite as high of sensitivity either.

The older CD1e's use piezos rather than a true compression driver.
From what I've "heard" the newest CD1e's (as in, produced in the last couple months) are using actual compression drivers now though.

But I'm guessing if you're buying used...they won't be the newest version available.

Anyways...the horn bodies on one of the CD1e's are supposed to be pretty good in and of itself. Can't remember if it's the mini or full body, but some people have used that horn body with regular compression drivers with great results.

The downfall of the CD1e's is the drive unit being piezo. Just not the same quality of sound produced by most true compression drivers. Doesn't have quite as high of sensitivity either.
I believe the actual body of the cd1e and cd-2 are similar, with many competitors using the cd1e bodies.throat geometry on the cd-1 drivers is supposed to be nice . I've got a set of cd1e horn bodies (mini's) and a set of b&C de500's. They fit together fairly easily.

aiy... i would of loved to have even the cd1e's and i even was a pain in the butt to a guy who was selling them here. (cd6551: good and patient seller. Would recommend him if he ever sells anything more here) But the **** suckers dont fit in my application //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.