3-Way Active: one month in review

So basically I do have an active set-up since I have picked the crossover point before the amp. I am confused about this which is the main reason I havnt gone in this direction.

I've got a crappy audiovox h/u. it works. it sounds pretty good, too. That feeds into a kicker KQ9, which feeds into a sony active h/u. i know it's not the best equipment but its surprising how good it sounds

btw. the audiovox is a flipout- i got it because I have to drive home 16 hours with 4 passengers. it's a lifesaver.

So basically I do have an active set-up since I have picked the crossover point before the amp. I am confused about this which is the main reason I havnt gone in this direction.
the amp channels them selfs are crossed over, they only play certain frequencies when it's active,

I've got a crappy audiovox h/u. it works. it sounds pretty good, too. That feeds into a kicker KQ9, which feeds into a sony active h/u. i know it's not the best equipment but its surprising how good it sounds
Ok. I'm sure it works.

But, I hate when people use that phrase.

No, I wouldn't be surprised... I would be THOROUGHLY disappointed. Because, unlike some people (no offense to yourself), I know what "good" sounds like.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I am however, thoroughly delighted that you enjoy it... and that you think it sounds "good". Keep raising the bar, good continues to get "gooder". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

nG

right now im running 2-way active. with some polymids and them vifa d26s tweets i got from undercoverpunker. using a Memphis crossover.

I got big plans.

I got them xt25s on the way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i plan using polymids for midbass

im still searching for midrange drivers 3" or 4" nothing bigger, possible a 2" if they sound any good.

also searching for an h701/700 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

active is fun //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Active would be picking ALL of the x-over frequencies for the speakers. This includes a bandpass filter for the mids and a high pass for the highs. This will involve at least four channels of amplification if you're running a 2-way component setup.

Yeah I am working on my first active system now too. I have run CDT Eurosports for a long time, but decided to try Active. I have Peerless Exclusive 8" drivers to do 50-1.6KHz, and Peerless HDS tweeters to do 1.6Hz and up. I have a 15" SI Mag D2 sub to do 50Hz down. The Peerless should be here tomorrow, then I can start building the fiberglass enclosures for them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.