3 or 2 inch port

Participant count
  • Participants list

Jeffreycs625

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have a custom box in my car I want to port, inside space is 10 inches. To tune it to 35 hz with a 3” tube It needs to be about 10.98 inches long. So that’s obviously not an option. Would a 2 inch tube work? Cause I used a calculator and it says with a 2 inch for 35 hz it should be 4.39 inches. I just really want a ported box. Air space is 1.18 cubic feet by the way

Porting a 12" P3 in 1ft3 is a disaster 1st off. A 2" or 3" wont matter much as its just gonna be crap ether way.

Why not grab a design or find a prefab ported online that'll fit? You'll have to give up space as at least 1.5ft3net will be needed I think. I'd suggest a 4" aero or round as well.

Porting a small sealed box never works even f the port is all external.

Something like this is what you should look for online or at least close size-wise /w/ a slot if you want a dramatic improvement.
That double baffle is unnecessary with a P3 but it sure looks better.

EILUf7.jpg

Is this going to be too big for that Z?

Theres a couple of ways to downsize it too, like using a proper sized round port that'll save airspace if that one above is too deep or tall.
This might be closer to what you need. (I had to dig thru my hard drive for the design)

usyr56.jpg

And thats decently small, There's no way a 1.18ft3 box can be ported and have any decent results for that sub you have unless you add airspace somehow.

Last edited:
Yeah bad idea. You can do a 3 inch aero with a 10 in that size box but for a 12 I’d definitely go 4 inch and probably 2 cubes at least for the p3

Welp. Looks like I’ll try keeping it sealed. Otherwise new box it is lol. I just always loved the sound of a ported box more. Thanks so much for responses

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...