(3) 10s for RD1500.1!? JLW3 or SA10×

mrlandry409
10+ year member

Ive been reading 📚and searching and searching🔭 and reading and im STUCK!
I have a 2020 Impala Premier currently with RF1200.1 and (3)RF P2 10 ported in a prefab Skar box. (Carpeted one).
I have on a shelf the RD1500.1 and a RD400.4 for my next build. Im sticking 3 with ported 10s because i also have a beauty panel with a dope window...so the aesthetics matter🤣. Ive had plenty of different setups and at 42...i want SQL. Best of both worlds! I appreciate your time and help in advance! I have enough space for a box 36w x 18h x 20d with the Panel in place.

I’d go with the W3s in a JL spec ported box, personally. I had a 12w3 in a JL spec ported box and it was one of the best sounding subs I’ve ever had. I’ve also had 2 10w3’s in a sealed box in a truck and they sounded great as well.

Bass is good but the in cabin drivers have to shine for optimal sq. Don’t skimp.
I have rf versions of your jls and the bass is all that in my zimpala, quality up front matters too. A hu w sound sculpting features is helpful. Dsp seems like a lot of messing around but the added voltage to inputs has its advantages, if a person was so inclined.
My jvc has some cool features like widening and lifting the sound stage. That stuff dabbles in its dsp. Milliseconds reduced here and there adds a lot. The eq still eludes me as to what seems right for all music. My setup is bright so the eq is mostly below the 0db for what sounds optimal.
If your premier has the premium or a workable setup may just replace/bypass the stock amp and utilize those jls, for stockers and your tri 10 setup.

I’d go with the W3s in a JL spec ported box, personally. I had a 12w3 in a JL spec ported box and it was one of the best sounding subs I’ve ever had. I’ve also had 2 10w3’s in a sealed box in a truck and they sounded great as well.
Thanks! Ive been leaning towards JL..and would like to keep it all matching! Ive also read a lot about Sundown lately. From what ive read, many believe while JL is a superior brand, Sundown is almost as good for a fraction of the price. I pay 160 for a 10 SA, and can get the JL for around 200.

Bass is good but the in cabin drivers have to shine for optimal sq. Don’t skimp.
I have rf versions of your jls and the bass is all that in my zimpala, quality up front matters too. A hu w sound sculpting features is helpful. Dsp seems like a lot of messing around but the added voltage to inputs has its advantages, if a person was so inclined.
My jvc has some cool features like widening and lifting the sound stage. That stuff dabbles in its dsp. Milliseconds reduced here and there adds a lot. The eq still eludes me as to what seems right for all music. My setup is bright so the eq is mostly below the 0db for what sounds optimal.
If your premier has the premium or a workable setup may just replace/bypass the stock amp and utilize those jls, for stockers and your tri 10 setup.
I already have Lc7i. I have RF Typr 2 comps in the front and 6x9 in thr rear. 2 6.5 in the door currently passive...also looking for 6 ch amp. Ill have to post pics. Ive went from audio Control d1200.1 6 channel and a single 12Skar vXF to RF. Ive got a nice setup..custom amp rack and all the "standard" equipment. No epicenter yet though.. im just trying to really make the best sub decision as it pertains to quality and performance

I ran a pair of W3 v2. 10's up until last year (9 years on them and I got them used) and the OG foam surround let go on one of the cones and I was able to sell them for 250.00 local still.

Those were my favorite 10's I've ran, Everything sounded good on them.

Done!
20230927_093547.jpg
20230927_094217.jpg
20230927_094138.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...