2nd battery randomly drained to 6v?

Badseed

Erie Pa
Hey folks, having a battery issue. My subwoofer amp was turning off an on rapidly, basically strobing my bass. I went in the back to see what was going on, disconnected subs and noticed the amp was turning on and off rapidly, but the intervals were getting slower. I took out the multimeter and tested the shuriken sk-bt60 I have installed in the trunk and it was reading at 6.34 volts and was draining.

I just checked the battery 2 days ago and it was reading at 12.8v when the car was off and 14.1 when on. I checked the pos and neg terminals, both were loose, but still had decent connections. I tightened them down and my car has been on for an hour trying to slow charge it. Its back up to 9.7v

What would have caused it to drain so rapidly like that?

sounds like you have a short somewhere. i would disconnect system completely and see what the batteries do, as they fail they will self drain. if they hold a charge just fine then need to move on to the electrical system.

if everything went back to normal after disconnecting subs, sounds like u may have a melted coil shorting out the system.

I just had a Kinetic battery do that cell dropped but only but only dropped to 11 volt. I put it on my c-tek and walked away. came back after forgetting about it for how ever long the battery melted. needless to say I will be watching the new batteries for now on. only getting 6 volts out of it now.

I checked the positive, negative and remote wires on the amp and they were all secure with no stray strands or exposed wire hanging out. I'm guessing the loose ground on the battery was making for an improper charge AMD the amp slowly drained it until the voltage was too low to power it

Figured it out folks, blown fuse under the hood on my power wire. No current to the back at all. My dumb *** should have looked there first

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.