Quick Pre amp voltage ??s

Participant count
  • Participant list

chevyboy23

k so im getting ready to hook up my subs and sub amp today and just wanna make sure i can run this safely without risking damage to any components ... diamond audio d5 1200.1..4 12 cvr d2(1ohm load )..real ? is can the amp which i believe is rated to 5vlts handle the advertised output of my clarion esq746 which i believe is 7 volts (rms)..not sure about stuff like this and just want t know if i need to do anything special to get slumppin today or if i can continue as normal everyday install..want to bump today so quick replies r greatly appreciated..thanks in advance..

The amp and headunit watts rms are not related in anyway.

The pre-amp of a headunit is the max voltage that it gives out to the rca jacks.

2+ volts is good enough for any amp. If you have a 1 ohm amplifier then the sub should be able match together.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

look at the specs for the amp it will tell you what input volts it takes. some amps are not rated for high (7 volts ) input.

what are the # on the amp on the gain knob ?

Shouldn't be a problem.

The EQ has a volume -- which is basically a control of its output voltage.

I would be surprised, even with the vol set at max if the output voltage is too much.

Besides "too much" wouldn't really be a problem. It just means you'd get a little clipping at high volume.

Compare it to the common idiot that cranks the gain up to 0.2v for an HU with 2v outputs.

7 vs 5 would be a slight overlap - not a big problem at all.

What I would probably do is set the amp gain at 5v and the x/o volume at min. Then instead of increasing the gain to get to your target output voltage, I'd turn up the x/o volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.