2800 rms Pcb layout ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mass Car Audio
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
what do you guys think this amp would make by just looking at the pcb layout ?

2800 rms ??

I dont know much about amps put it has multiple transformers and a lot of mosfets. I would guess it puts out 3k@1ohm.
2800 watts at 1ohm, right?
I wouldn't be guessing 2800@2ohm.

It looks like simple but with big power.

Half-bridge technology, that board is the upgrade from the Cab-22 just in a 3K setup. His other smaller stuff is using the same setups as the Sundown Full Bridge as well. Take the one that he says is 3800.1 and compare it to the Cab-45 from Apex Audio. Looks to be very close on the boards between the two with same heatsink as well. Willing to bet they all use the same build house over in China. @djdilliodon! knows those build houses and narrowed it down to two of them.

Yup. I'm ordering it this week sometime. I hope it doesnt blow up hahaha

I'm also going to try out a 1500 rms 18" but I'll post that in the subwoofer section when I get it. It's from a different company over there.

That amp they sell for about $140 ish if you buy one with deeper discounts in quantity. The shipping can be high but what makes the savings not so nice is if something goes wrong. The amp breaks it would cost a fortune to send it back! Paying the mark up on a rebadged one sometimes is the best way to go cause it’s less of a headache.

That amp they sell for about $140 ish if you buy one with deeper discounts in quantity. The shipping can be high but what makes the savings not so nice is if something goes wrong. The amp breaks it would cost a fortune to send it back! Paying the mark up on a rebadged one sometimes is the best way to go cause it’s less of a headache.

If the amp blows up, I can fix it myself and I'll update it if it doesnt burn the board lol

I'm not doing this for resale, it's just a hobby. I used to buy blown amps and fix them about 10 years ago but gave that up..

I will post results and a review of both amp and sub when they arrive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...