2500d isnt working.. whats wrong?

Participant count
  • Participant list

downwiththeclow
10+ year member

So the other day i turned on my stereo, only to notice that the subs werent playing. I also smelled a burning smell so i shut it off and checked out all the wiring and found that one of the plastic parts on the end of the RCA was broken off. After replacing the RCA, the amp still didnt come on. The fuse on the power wire isnt blown so im guessing the amp is messed up. The only thing is when i opened up the casing i couldnt find and broken or burnt pieces. Does the amp itself have fuses on it like most do because i cant find them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Figured it out. For some reason my rca cables would work in everything but the new head unit. I quickly tried a spare set, and that fixed the problem.
There isn't much it can be. Pull the amp turn on wire out of the amp, and just run a wire from there and touch the distro block will activate...
Its lasted 19 years thus far. Could be something as simple as a wiring connection as stated. Nothing in electronics last forever. Its had a great...
The amp should still turn on regardless of your settings. Those settings will probably cause almost no power to come from the amp, but thats a...

About this thread

downwiththeclow

10+ year member
downwiththeclow
flower mound, texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from