21 or 2 15s?

Anyone here get their whole sub motor up to 80 degrees celcius much? Seriously where do people come up with this ****?
people hear about craig butler needing to recharge his after every couple shows or so and think thats just how neo works, they forget the fact that he is running 120k plus at 4 ddz's.

people hear about craig butler needing to recharge his after every couple shows or so and think thats just how neo works, they forget the fact that he is running 120k plus at 4 ddz's.
I even question the validity of that. I wonder if you would really burn your hand touching the motor after a burp? 80 degrees C is pretty freaking hot and the neo slugs are separated by a lot of air and steel from the coil anyway.

I even question the validity of that. I wonder if you would really burn your hand touching the motor after a burp? 80 degrees C is pretty freaking hot and the neo slugs are separated by a lot of air and steel from the coil anyway.
what ya think will get louder 2 15s or the 21?

i got to see the van and spend some time talking with him at sbn, got to learn a good bit from him actually, and one thing i noticed is when he opens the door after the run you can actually feel a good bit of heat coming out of what was before the run an air conditioned cabin. didnt think to ask him about recharging them though.

either can get very loud, personally i would run the single 21, and if your looking to go that rout, look into the 6k 21's that PAP has started building.

Should be about the same. Single woofer has advantages over a pair, but loses a bit with compression as you push it into high power. I'd say if you plan on running 4K hard 2 coils will handle the heat long term much better.

i got to see the van and spend some time talking with him at sbn, got to learn a good bit from him actually, and one thing i noticed is when he opens the door after the run you can actually feel a good bit of heat coming out of what was before the run an air conditioned cabin. didnt think to ask him about recharging them though.
You could turn the entire mass of the coils and formers into molten aluminum and it wouldn't heat up a car's cabin in 3 seconds. I'd look for another explanation there.

For daily ground pounding my vote would be the 21" Warden, for SPL it would be 2-15" DP's

loading and compression were an issue with me using the 21's, but they still worked and metered well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.