2020 Elantra amp and sub recommendations?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ledvedder
10+ year member

NJ
After looking into replacing the front door speakers on my daughter's 2020 Value Edition, I think I've decided to also add an amp and sub. I'm sticking with the stock head unit, as it does exactly what I need. I already have a Sound Ordinance sub, https://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PTD/Sound-Ordnance-B-8PTD.html, so I'm thinking it will be sufficient. With that being said, I'm looking for recommendations on a budget friendly amp, and possibly even a sub that might perform better. I'm sort of familiar with this Clarion amp from one of my past vehicles, https://www.crutchfield.com/p_020XC2410/Clarion-XC2410.html. Also, if anyone can share recommendations on install locations and wiring, that would be great! TIA

This is what Id put in there. I would choose the 1k amp for running a bit cooler placed in the trunk lifted off the surface and for $20 bucks more a little more head room to run less stressed

After looking into replacing the front door speakers on my daughter's 2020 Value Edition, I think I've decided to also add an amp and sub. I'm sticking with the stock head unit, as it does exactly what I need. I already have a Sound Ordinance sub, https://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PTD/Sound-Ordnance-B-8PTD.html, so I'm thinking it will be sufficient. With that being said, I'm looking for recommendations on a budget friendly amp, and possibly even a sub that might perform better. I'm sort of familiar with this Clarion amp from one of my past vehicles, https://www.crutchfield.com/p_020XC2410/Clarion-XC2410.html. Also, if anyone can share recommendations on install locations and wiring, that would be great! TIA
Neither of your attached Links are working for me to view which sub and amplifier. I have never had any 8 inch single sub setup serve very well in trunk space without porting through a Ski hatch or in placing a ported enclosure in a Hatchback situation.

This sub???????

This sub???????

I doubt very seriously you would benefit any type of sub stage with this.These are a waste of money from my experiences. I havent found one or one brought to me that has ever served any justice for sub stage
If you want to do a powered sub to serve any justice at all I would look into placing a Bazooka in the trunk or what Ive posted above,. A bazooka can easily be removed when not needed or needing all of the trunk space and placed back in later. id run a 10" rather than an 8

I doubt very seriously you would benefit any type of sub stage with this.These are a waste of money from my experiences. I havent found one or one brought to me that has ever served any justice for sub stage
If you want to do a powered sub to serve any justice at all I would look into placing a Bazooka in the trunk or what Ive posted above,. A bazooka can easily be removed when not needed or needing all of the trunk space and placed back in later. id run a 10" rather than an 8

I ran a pair of these for a temp setup at one time in my old 92 Acura Integra until I got my enclosure built for a pair of heavy hitting tens and they did very well, though its a hatchback. Ran a single ten as above in a lease vehicle(Lexus LS460 V8).Should have bought that car. dammned good car. That ten worked perfect for what it was.

Thanks!

I'm not looking to shake the windows or win any high end car audio competition. I'm just looking to fill in some of the lower frequencies that aren't supplied by the 6.5" door speakers. And I'd rather not take up any of the limited trunk space that the car already has.

I used that Sound Ordinance sub in a car that I had about 8 years ago, and it seems fine for what I was trying to get from my sound.

Thanks!

I'm not looking to shake the windows or win any high end car audio competition. I'm just looking to fill in some of the lower frequencies that aren't supplied by the 6.5" door speakers. And I'd rather not take up any of the limited trunk space that the car already has.

I used that Sound Ordinance sub in a car that I had about 8 years ago, and it seems fine for what I was trying to get from my sound.
If you have that subwoofer and want to utilize it,. Id run it. If you need a little more bass Id pick up that powered 8250 8" powered Sub. takes up very little space, and will supply some nice lows to blend in with your front stage and easy to install and remove when not needed. They last a very long time tuned properly.But, I always say... run what you got. I was just making some recommendations for you if decided to make any changes without blowing out the pocketbook. let us know how it does for you. I am always curious. Everyone has a different listening perspective

Its not rocket science. If you have the powered sub, USE IT. If you find out that it isn't enough, then come back with a budget for your sub upgrade. Did you already replace the door speakers already?

Since I am not a thumbing basshead annoying my neighbors, I find that the underseat 8-10" and 6x8-9"amplified subs have worked perfectly well for me by filling in the lows. No bass wars here. But, I tend to use better door speakers and really don't need a sub for my volume levels.

Not sure why your links don't work, even in the previous thread. Stuff bounces off bizrate and gets lost in crutchfields home page. Its better to post links from the products homepage. Is bixrate tied into caraudio? or is there a virus at play?

I replaced the front speakers with JBL 601CF, https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CT601C/JBL-601CF.html.

I've also ordered JBL 621F to replace the rear speakers, https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CT601C/JBL-601CF.html.

What do you think of this Kicker amp? I'm intrigued that it has the automatic DSP tuning. https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-178757-Kicker-KEY200.4-47KEY2004.html
Kicker still makes some really great amplifiers. They have been in Business for years. I still have some old amps left that still work very well 2(ZR240s) and 1(ZR460). I havent ran anything from kicker in a while from the KX series amps and KS25 Tweeters (still use and work great!) and ill use my ( Kicker PreAmp EQ) Still works great!. anthony has his kicker Key amplifiers in the For Sale section.(excellent Seller!!) You might DM him and ask how well his 4 ch and mono amp did for him? Id pick them up, but ive got to many amps atm in my collection. They are deff a space saver!! If you want a DSP and an amp all in one, It may be a great purchase? Over the Years Ive never heard any issues with kicker amplifiers, but i can say that the Impulse series were some real crappy series that ive ever experienced from them years ago. up to date???? Pretty solid in the amp section

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...