2019 Acura RDX

6.5" is not a subwoofer by any stretch of imagination.
If a shop did the install and stuck it under a carpet mat, and cannot adjust it to be a seamless blend with the rest of the system, then they did not do a proper install, and maybe CANNOT do one.

Before throwing good money at it, give it a shot at setting it up properly, An hour or two of labor with a knowledgeable installer can work wonders.

Yeah it's under the carpet mat cover which is kind of tight and barely closes. I need a smaller sub anyway.

Yeah I might give that combo a shot. I can either go 6w3v3 or kicker comprt 6.75" which would have better SQ
I would hold off on that 6.5. The amp may be sufficient since it will flatten the input signal which will result in a better bass line. Those JL Tw1 subs are detail oriented so the boominess I attribute to placement and amplifier settings. I would place the sub atop of that carpet which I think is muffling it. Also, I think a 6.5 may fall short on it's bass performance if not placed in a custom enclosure.

I would hold off on that 6.5. The amp may be sufficient since it will flatten the input signal which will result in a better bass line. Those JL Tw1 subs are detail oriented so the boominess I attribute to placement and amplifier settings. I would place the sub atop of that carpet which I think is muffling it. Also, I think a 6.5 may fall short on it's bass performance if not placed in a custom enclosure.
I can't really take it out of the storage area my wife says as we need the truck. The stock system sounds good with its 6.5" it just need to be a little more deeper

Yeah I might give that combo a shot. I can either go 6w3v3 or kicker comprt 6.75" which would have better SQ
I'll
thinking about going another route as I don't want to be louder. I just want the bass to be more deeper. My factory subwoofer is 8" and getting 50RMS. Would adding one of the following below add more depth to my bass?

https://www.alpine-usa.com/product/pwd-x5

https://www.kicker.com/hideaway-hs10

https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/ps-8/
I'm sorry but as mentioned above I still think properly setting up the system you already have would be your best option. As @RobGMN said a good shop should be able to make that play exactly how you want. If you want to save space that badly, that's a different story and one of those may be a good choice.

Would any of those add more depth to my bass? I plan on keeping my stock subwoofer on as mid bass. Or would I get better results replacing my factory woofer with a 8" Rockford fosgste shallow P3S and use my factory amp to power it?

I am floored to hear that this subwoofer sounds boomy. It’s exactly the opposite of that description when I’ve heard it. It sounds tight and accurate in the sealed prowedge box, unless for some insane reason someone put the JL shallow mount 12 into the prowedge enclosure meant for the JL W7 12. It is in the small sealed prowedge enclosure right? Otherwise the bass settings have to be all screwed up. This is the perfect setup for the type of sound you describe that you want. Don’t waste your money buying new stuff just yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...