2015 Ford F-150 Crew with Sony System, anyone else having SQ issues?

Participant count
  • Participant list

blgaudio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tennessee
I just recently purchased a 2015 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew. It has the 502A Package with the Sony 700 watt system. I was in hopes that the factory system would be decent enough to keep my audiophile self from doing an install. Well it's been 2 weeks and I'm not satisfied. The factory speakers distort, even with the EQ zeroed out and honestly do not have much volume. The factory subwoofer behind the seat isn't audible at all to me, if barely. The only time I can hear any depth from it is if I'm sourcing through the USB. Sirius/Bluetooth is very flat. Anyone else having these issues? I understand its a factory setup but for the price tag I would expect more!

If you upgrade the entire system you will need to get a processor that sums the signals to get a good clean full range signal and if your truck is the v6 ecoboost you will have to defeat the piped in engine sounds. IIRC that can actually be done at the amp itself.

If you upgrade the entire system you will need to get a processor that sums the signals to get a good clean full range signal and if your truck is the v6 ecoboost you will have to defeat the piped in engine sounds. IIRC that can actually be done at the amp itself.
It is the Ecoboost, I was wondering about the augmented exhaust sound. Makes me think, this could relate to the speakers distorting easily?? I test drove a 2014 w/o the fake exhaust sound and honestly can't tell a huge difference.

It is the Ecoboost, I was wondering about the augmented exhaust sound. Makes me think, this could relate to the speakers distorting easily?? I test drove a 2014 w/o the fake exhaust sound and honestly can't tell a huge difference.
There's a trend on one of the Ford truck forums that walks you through disabling it at the factory amp, I believe there are two wires that have to be cut....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.