2014 Ram Quad Cab Speaker Upgrades

Participant count
  • Participant list

muddycb

As the title states, I am looking to upgrade my speakers in my Ram. For now I will be running the speakers off the head unit with the possibility of amping them down the road. I will be adding a 10" sub as well as adding sound deadening material to the doors and rear panel.

Font Dash:

JL C2-350x 3.5's with built in crossovers

Front Doors:

6.5 Mid Bass drivers. Haven't decided on a brand (suggestions?). Also it appears that my system only sends midbass frequencies to this speakers now. Otherwise I can use some sort of a passive crossover/amp them.

Rear Doors:

JL C2-650x 6.5's with built in crossovers

For soundstage/imaging purposes I feel like this is the best way to go. However, another option would be to run a set of components in the front with the tweeters in the dash. Let me know what you guys think or suggestions you have for another setup. Let me know if I need to provide additional information. Thanks again in advance.

Daniel

In a newer vehicle speakers alone are not my first recommendation for an audio upgrade. You're likely to be disappointed because of the inability to tune the system to your liking and a lack of power to the new speakers. I would keep it to 6x9s in the doors and add a 4-channel amplifier before spending the money on a subwoofer upgrade. I could put together a package for you if you'd like.

I was thinking about doing some sort of 5 channel amp with it powering the front and rear doors with the dash running off the head unit, with the last channel pushing the sub. However, it does sound kind of crazy not putting power to the dash speakers so I'm confused on how I would go about powering everything. So Trumpet I'm open for a suggestion on a build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.