Amp Help! suggestions on good amp for 2 kicker l7 15's

407towncar

hello im new to the board, i have 2 15" kicker l7s right now and im looking for a good reliable amp to push them. ive been out of the speaker game for a while so im not familiar with which amps are good quality and living up to their rated power. im hoping to spend around 300 to 500. is this possible for a good amp thatll push them decently? its hard to find any good reviews online because everyone is so negative, so if anyone has any good advice please let me know. thanks!!!!!!!

Good amp. Be careful, L7's can barely handle rated. They blow easily.
Yeah I thought about that too when I suggested it. OP if you pick up this amp, have the gain turned down a little bit. Don't give those subs the full power of the amp. The amp is underrated at 2200 watts, probably does close to 2500. Still a very good amp to have for future builds. And make sure you have good electrical in your car. Stock electrical wont cut it with this amp.

awesome! thanks for the info. i believe my electrical is up to par, i did the big three, also have an extra yellow top in the trunk, a red top under the hood, plus a power cap, i drive an 2003 Lincoln Towncar, ill put a video link to my car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PkycqMAlEc. im defiantly gona look into this amp, i feel you on the power tho, im always paranoid about blowing my stuff so i try to keep my amps tuned correctly. i been putting in systems for a while now and i guess im getting pretty decent but theres always more to learn. thanks alot for the suggestion on the amp.

Drop the cap. Will do more harm than good the vfl 4480 is 350 new and will work great to
really solid amp here, will probly go toe to toe power wise with the SQ-2200 IMO

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

if i had the money i would get a vfl-4480.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.