2014 Mazda 6 with Bose; looking to swap everything out

toolin4

Greetings All!

New member, looking for some quality advice and good guidance on swapping out my entire system (except HU) on my 2014 Mazda 6 w/Bose.

Went to see a local retailer today, who recommended the following:

-JL Audio OEM integration

-Focal PS165F 6" components for the front

-Cheaper Focals for the rears (only every have the kids back there)

-JL Audio HD900 5 channel amp

-JL Audio CP110LG-TW1 in the trunk; running off the JL Audio amp

-deactivate the stock centrechannel

Done some research, and see the recommended components are solid, but at $4,500 ($900 of that installation costs), had a bit of stickershock. (It's worth noting, I am in Canada, so things are a bit more here)

Parts pricing seems reasonable per my research, but $900 seems steep for the install (they priced it at 12 hrs @ $75/hr)

Not an audiophile by any means, but willing to pay for quality, as long as I can hear a difference.

Any suggestions on equally good (or sufficiently good) alternatives to their proposal above that would save me some bucks?

Forever thankful for any suggestions/help anyone can offer

Greetings All!New member, looking for some quality advice and good guidance on swapping out my entire system (except HU) on my 2014 Mazda 6 w/Bose.

Went to see a local retailer today, who recommended the following:

-JL Audio OEM integration

-Focal PS165F 6" components for the front

-Cheaper Focals for the rears (only every have the kids back there)

-JL Audio HD900 5 channel amp

-JL Audio CP110LG-TW1 in the trunk; running off the JL Audio amp

-deactivate the stock centrechannel

Done some research, and see the recommended components are solid, but at $4,500 ($900 of that installation costs), had a bit of stickershock. (It's worth noting, I am in Canada, so things are a bit more here)

Parts pricing seems reasonable per my research, but $900 seems steep for the install (they priced it at 12 hrs @ $75/hr)

Not an audiophile by any means, but willing to pay for quality, as long as I can hear a difference.

Any suggestions on equally good (or sufficiently good) alternatives to their proposal above that would save me some bucks?

Forever thankful for any suggestions/help anyone can offer
I drive a vehicle that has a bose 10 speaker system, to include the center channel, and all I did was add an LOC and amp and subwoofer. If you can do a little research, you can find what you need for much less. Even better if you could get someone from this site to be willing to ship to you if you wouldn't mind buying gently used stock dude. almost 5 g's is way too much.

Do you feel comfortable installing amps and speakers? Let install the integration module then do the rest. Also, we can probably find you something similar to jl minus the big price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a '14 Mazda 3 grand touring with the Bose as well. I wired a LOC onto my Bose amp and put in 3 JL Audio 10s. The difference just adding the subwoofer made was leaps and bounds. I also thought the factory sound was weak. Now I'm in no rush to upgrade the doors or center speaker.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.