2013 Ram crew cab front firing box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigblackdodge

Senior VIP Member
Ok I currently have 2 10’s in a prefab box under the rear seat of my truck. And it *****. Bad. The max mounting depth in the prefabs are like 5.5” but the motors have to be narrow because of the wedge shape of the box.

Has anyone ever tried cutting out the metal strip in front of the storage box area to be able to build a forward firing enclosure? I’m hoping to build a box like many Chevy and Ford trucks use and run some beefy 8s.

I have a '17 ram and am very interested in what you find!!! If I could remove that stupid front lip and make it look good, not compromising structure of course, that would be rad!!! I would probably try to cram (3) front firing 10's in a sealed box down there or maybe (4) 8's ?!!!! That would open a ton of options!! I may start searching and see if its been done before and what the results are!! Just think, (6) 6.5" drivers would POUND in that space. Damn, my project just got a hell of a lot more expensive!!!

I see a box for 2 front firing 10s is for sale local to me that fits 2019+ Rams.

After viewing the boxes available for the new Rams, I believe one would fit my body style if I were to remove that strip of metal. The seats are 60/40 and they mount the same way so it does appear possible.

As far as safety and function, that strip does nothing but conceal the underwear storage compartment. The seats do not rest on it at all. I currently have a 1.5” space installed and can verify this by viewing the gap between sub box and bottom of seat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.