2013 Ford Focus Audio control LC2i and Amp wiring HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi Good Day Everyone. I just need slight clarification on tapping into the wire speakers from the stock head unit. I have a Rockford Fosgate X600.5 5 channel amp and LC2i. I wanted to know if the speaker level outputs from the LC2i are tapped into the same place as the new speaker wires running from the amp. For example the left front negative on the wiring harness is the white wire. So do i tap the front left negative wire coming from the LC2i and the front left negative wire coming from the amp into the speaker harness white left front negative wire? Do i tap them in at the exact same position? or should i tap the LC2i slight above or below the tap for the speaker amp wire i.e tap in two different places on that same wire. Look at the two pictures below. Also since this is LC2i I know I will only be tapping into the front the speakers(FL + &- FR + &-) with it but tap into all 8 speakers wires on the harness with the new amp wires correct?

Your question is very confusing to me. I think what you are trying to do is this...

You Currently Have:

Head_Unit -> Spk_Out_Wires -> Speakers

You Want:

HeadUnit -> Spk_Out_Wires(CUT) -> LC2i -> Amp -> (CUT)Spk_Out_Wires -> Speakers

In other words, you want to CUT the speaker wires and insert the LC2i and Amp between the headunit and speakers - correct?

If that is the case, you need to tap speaker wire closer to the HU for the LC2i, then tap the speaker wire further away from the HU for the amp and CUT the speaker wire between the two tap points.

Did that make sense? Your pic with two taps looks correct, but you have to CUT the white wire between the tap points.

Sorry for being confusing. Yes I think i understand. Tap the lc2i connection above the amp connection. Basically make sure the connection coming from the head unit comes in contact with the lc2i connection then comes in contact with amp connection. Also since I have the lc2i and 5 channel amp should I tap the rear channels with the amp or just the front? I have the base 6 speaker system.

Sorry for being confusing. Yes I think i understand. Tap the lc2i connection above the amp connection. Basically make sure the connection coming from the head unit comes in contact with the lc2i connection then comes in contact with amp connection. Also since I have the lc2i and 5 channel amp should I tap the rear channels with the amp or just the front? I have the base 6 speaker system.
Just to be clear - you know you have to *CUT* the speaker wires in the factory harness, not just tap into them - right? Unless you purchase an aftermarket harness to insert between the factory harness and head unit, you will have to *CUT* all of the speaker wires and splice in your new stuff - otherwise the headunit and the new amp will both be trying to drive the speakers (very bad).

ALSO - please answer CrossoverORE's question - which factory system do you have? (Base, Premium, or Sony) - it is important because what you are trying to do may not work if you have the premium system - also, we can recommend an adapter so you don't have to cut the factory wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.