Sundown sa-12

With the alpine mrx-m240, you should get the SA d2s. The subs can be wired to a 2ohm load and the Alpine makes its most power at 2ohms(2,400). You can get the d4s, but you will only get 1500 watts from the amp.

Go with the 2 Ohm DVC. This way you can wire them together to achieve a 2 ohm load, or wire them each at 4 ohm and parallel it at the amp for a 2 ohm load.

With that combination I would certainly keep an eye on them in the beginning at 1200W RMS a piece. After a little bit (few hours of playing) you should be fine. I managed to get mine a bit stinky on 650 a piece real early on.

Ok thanks! I am a little worried about over powering them but I've herd they can take it. I'm going to be using them daily should I be concerned about blowing them?
Like I said, just keep an eye on them in the beginning. If they get stinky then back off and let them cool off. Once they get loosened up a bit they should take 1200 all day long without issue. Just make sure you have good clean power.

Like I said, just keep an eye on them in the beginning. If they get stinky then back off and let them cool off. Once they get loosened up a bit they should take 1200 all day long without issue. Just make sure you have good clean power.
you might wanna explain "good clean power" to him if he doesnt know what ohms are

you might wanna explain "good clean power" to him if he doesnt know what ohms are
True.

OP: If you didn't understand what I meant by clean power, I mean make sure you set your gain properly so that you aren't clipping (Flattening of the top of the sound wave) the signal to your amp. There are multiple tutorials on here and the web on how to properly set your gain.

Honestly I was planning on taking it somewhere to tune the amp and poobably do the installation
its more to it than that , if you dont have the correct electrical system to back your amplifiers needs you will be in trouble from heat and coils dont like heat

^^^True story. To run that Alpine you are going to need some electrical upgrades. At least the Big 3, 0 gauge wire (multiple runs), and at least a couple good batteries. Possibly an upgraded high output alternator depending on what your stock alt puts out. 2400 rms is a lot of watts for someone just starting out. Why don't you get something a little smaller and easier to put together till you get the hang of things. Someone that doesn't even know ohm's law has no business running that much wattage. Sorry... Just my opinion.

And I respect that, I planned on doing the 0 gauge and big 3, and also getting anoth battery. I didn't think a new alt was nesessary. And in my defense o need to learn somehow. If you don't mind me asking what do you mean by multiple runs?

And I respect that, I planned on doing the 0 gauge and big 3, and also getting anoth battery. I didn't think a new alt was nesessary. And in my defense o need to learn somehow. If you don't mind me asking what do you mean by multiple runs?
What vehicle do you have? ANd is it a stock alternator? If its stock, I can almost guarantee it won't run 2400 Watts RMS regardless of batteries.

Multiple Runs: Amount of Pos/Neg runs from the front battery to the rear battery(ies).

I would highly, highly suggest doing more research first. Not trying to dog you or anything, but most people don't realize the amount of work and money goes into a proper high power system.

What vehicle do you have? ANd is it a stock alternator? If its stock, I can almost guarantee it won't run 2400 Watts RMS regardless of batteries.
Multiple Runs: Amount of Pos/Neg runs from the front battery to the rear battery(ies).

I would highly, highly suggest doing more research first. Not trying to dog you or anything, but most people don't realize the amount of work and money goes into a proper high power system.
All that work is why I'm "that guy" running 4 gauge and trying to get at loud as possible with under 2,000 watts.:p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.