2011 Tundra Build Recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

RenavatioSA

So I've been doing a lot of research and have come up with the components I intend on putting in my Truck and wanted to get some opinions. I have opted to go with the factory HU for now. I am looking at the OTOTUN1 from Advent as a possible future replacement to maintain the factory appearance and features. Here is the equipment list as it stands.

Front Speakers: DLS Reference 6.3 I'm hoping to be able to squeeze the 3" dome in the dash and flush the 1" tweets in the window sail. 6" Mid bass driver in the door.

Rear Fill Speakers: DLS Reference 426

Both sets powered by a Rockford Punch P400-4

Sub: Rockford P3SD4-12 in a sealed custom enclosure under the rear seat. Voice Coils wired in Parallel for a 2 ohm load.

Powered By a Rockford P400-1 bridged mono.

Audio Control LC6i for LOC to amps.

I also am looking at getting the PEQx3 remote to control both amps for some remote fine tuning.

I'm not out for SPL, what I'm looking for is great sound quality. I like mid bass impact, low bass extension(not boomy) with accurate mids and highs.

The only concern that I have is quality of components. And if the 3 way components with the mid dome driver in the dash will be too bright?

I was also thinking that I should probably reverse the polarity on the mids in the dash to maintain proper phasing from the reflection off the glass?

This is my first post to this forum so I hope I posted in the right place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.