2011 Infiniti G37 S coupe basic sub/amp install (JL Audio, Audiocontrol)

Participant count
  • Participant list

ncpalafox
10+ year member

Newark CA
I would like to share my installation for my 2011 Infiniti G37 S coupe. Ive had this car for almost 2 years, comes with a factory bose setup which my impression sounds pretty decent as is. In the past i have went through multiple audio setups with my old cars and JL Audio has always been the consistently better choices i've had for the price point. I enjoyed doing all my installations myself and decided that i want to add some extra bass to my car without going overboard.

Factory bose setup consists of:

Dash: 3" Mid

Door: 1" Tweeter, 3" Mid, 10" Woofer

Rear Side: 3" Mid

Rear Deck: 6x9" Woofer

My addition:

-JL Audio 8w3v3 4ohm 8" subwoofer

-Jl Audio HD-RLC control knob

-JL Audio XD300/1 mono amplifier (mainly chose this for the very small footprint it has) does 200 watts rms @ 4ohms on 14.4 volts (my car runs 14.4 very easily)

-Audiocontrol Overdrive 2 ch line driver (ebay bargain)

-FGSE 8" forged sealed enclosure 0.56 cu ft

-DIY RCA cables to tap into my bose amp harness preprocessed low voltage signals (no need for hi/lo converter)

-8 gauge amp kit

-scrap MDF to build a fitted amp rack, sprayed it with plastidip

End result was definitely more bass without going overboard IMO. Installed the bass knob to my center console between my heated seat controls. i was also able to regulate the line driver to allow me to keep my gain minimal on the amp. I chose to install the amp under the plastic floor panel in my trunk, allowing to keep all my car tools and spare tire which i was not willing to sacrifice.

I consider myself a complete amateur but am proud of what i was able to accomplish and the trunk space i was able to save, my trunk is TINY yet comes with a diagram showing how to shoehorn 2 golf bags haha. I will take any comments and suggestions

silly collage i made on my iphone but you get the point

systemcollage.jpg

mdfamplinedriver.jpg

^^^ yup very aware of the hate against JL audio but ive had good experience with them and their customer service so i have no reason to go against them. im content with the money i spent on my build:)

wasn't going for loudness, i consider it pretty good for SQ, no trunk rattling for me, reasonable output, definitely added more bass to my OE bose stereo. the bass is tight and punchy despite being in a larger than recommended sealed box. regardless, im more than content with it. not sure how else to describe it, ive come from 800-1000watt rms 10" and 12" ported sub/amp and if i have to rate those a 10/10 in loudness, my 8w3 JL setup now i would rate it a 7.5/10

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.