2011 F250 Crew Cab

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cbarnwell5

CarAudio.com Newbie
I’m removing the factory sub and amp behind the seat of my F250 and was going to install my two 12” subs I already have from another truck but while calling around for a behind seat enclosure I’ve had several people say that I would better sound and bass for a behind the seat setup running 4 8” subs instead of 2 12” subs. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? In my other truck I noticed that the louder I turned up the head unit that the bass with the 2 12’s would get less so I wondered if maybe that was due to lack of air space for them. Just picking everyone’s brain and if you have pics of your setup that would be awesome.

I’m removing the factory sub and amp behind the seat of my F250 and was going to install my two 12” subs I already have from another truck but while calling around for a behind seat enclosure I’ve had several people say that I would better sound and bass for a behind the seat setup running 4 8” subs instead of 2 12” subs. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? In my other truck I noticed that the louder I turned up the head unit that the bass with the 2 12’s would get less so I wondered if maybe that was due to lack of air space for them. Just picking everyone’s brain and if you have pics of your setup that would be awesome.
How’d you get the signal to the amp? If you spliced in from factory wiring then the factory signal cuts back on the bass the more you turn it up. I personally prefer 12s over anything else. How much airspace do you have to work with?

This place seems to go thru an 8" phase every now and then. Not gonna lie I even tried it myself once. Tried almost every eight there is in every configuration. Ran four 8"s for awhile. Something I will never do again. I'd take two big 12"s over four 8"s any day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...