2011 Civic SI coupe (white) pics inside.

Participant count
  • Participant list

8thGenSI
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I bought this car about a month and a half ago and promised myself that I would not install any stereo equipment. Well... in a nut shell the stock stereo just didn’t cut it! The iPod interface was absolute garbage, it sounded like it was rear fill only, the highs distorted worse then anything else I have ever owned, just overall complete junk. So here I go again, after hearing a bunch of complaints from my wife she finally agreed to support my adventure.

I started with a head unit, I decided not to go with a navi unit because I have a decent Garmin and I rarely use it. I decided to go with the Pioneer AVH-3000DVD after reading reviews and finding it was within my price range.

I have not started front stage yet, I decided to start with sub stage because I had a 10" type r in a ported prefab box. This is temporary; I plan on replacing with a 12" AQ HDC3 with dual 2 ohm copper coils. I recently bought an ED nine.1 from a fellow member, so I figured the sub stage was just about ready to go anyway.

I lined the spare tire well with carpet because I didn’t like the look of just the bare painted surface with all of the sound deadening, figure it would add a decent touch, then added the amp rack.

I plan on running a hertz 3 way comp system on a nice 2 channel amp. Not going to go as far as going active. I don’t want to go to crazy with this car.

Here is the finished amp rack and sub, tell me what you think. More pictures of front stage progress coming soon, will post pics of the head unit install later.

I like it alot, cant really run it full tilt right now because it is only seeing 2 ohms and I dont know if I should give that type r that much power anyway.

I like it alot, cant really run it full tilt right now because it is only seeing 2 ohms and I dont know if I should give that type r that much power anyway.
What does that thing give at 1 ohm, 1200? If so, I would probably keep it at 2 ohm anyway. Lol. Box looks small, is that what the Type R calls for? It may be, I probably have been looking at people with 18s and stuff for too long today. Lol.

Build is just about done! I didnt take many pics because I did install in random places and didnt have a camera. More pics comming soon, here is a pic of the amp rack.

Head unit: Pioneer avh-4300dvd

Front stage: Kicker ss 6.5" comps

Rear fill: kicker 5 1/4" coax (yea I know)

front/rear fill amp: ed nine.4

sub stage amp: ed nine.1

sub: power bass xtreme xt 10" dv.2 ported in junk prefab (box build comming)

Figure that this setup will evolve over time, want more of a sq setup but this is what I was able to slap together quickly. Give suggestions please.

View attachment 26525182View attachment 26525181

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.