2011 Chevrolet Impala

Would love a video of the glassing to learn new ways of mixing the activator and etc..!
Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
Just stir the activator in........ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Just stir the activator in........ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
It takes a certain amount of activator depending on the temperature outside.

The better the mixture the faster it cures.. To much activator will take a long time to cure.

It takes a certain amount of activator depending on the temperature outside.
The better the mixture the faster it cures.. To much activator will take a long time to cure.

I usually just glass at the end of the day and let it cure overnight.

So, I don't really ever see anyone post up their fuckups. Well, here's one of mine!

Got impatient, sprayed too much/too often. Oh well, just going to peel it off and do it again. But that panel is superglued in there, so it's there to stay.

Also lathered two coats of resin on the sail panels:

Not even going to lay down mat on it, it's hard right now. Just gonna sand a little and then start laying body filler. The arduous sanding process begins.

Sure don't look like it in this picture, but they are pretty **** smooth:

This is two coats of Bondo. Lather it on, sand, rinse and repeat. Tiring.

Sure don't look like it in this picture, but they are pretty **** smooth:

This is two coats of Bondo. Lather it on, sand, rinse and repeat. Tiring.
Looks good ..i did years of body and resto work so i know how tedious it is..the expensive fillers sand like butter compared to the cheap stuff

Looks good ..i did years of body and resto work so i know how tedious it is..the expensive fillers sand like butter compared to the cheap stuff
I wish Rage Gold wasn't so expensive. I didn't want to buy all that, I only needed this little bit.

Shot them with one light coat of primer. Did a test fit, and luckily it fits right in there.

Unfortunately, they ended up not being aimed where I though I pointed them. So instead of opposite headrest, they seem to be both pointing at right in between both seats, kinda like at rear seat opposite headrest. I'm sure it will be fine, but it annoys me.

To save a lot of smoothing work, anyone think I could wrap them with speaker grill cloth and it still look ok? There's not really any other cloth on my dash. I'm up in the air about this. I think I only want to do it because I'm lazy lol. From an aesthetic standpoint, not sure it's the best move. Thoughts? Laid the cloth over for reference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.