2010 CTS: Need advice on sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

dhendo

Hey everyone, new member here.. I have been looking around for a new setup for my 2010 CTS so thought I'd drop in for some opinions. I have a JL 1000/1 to use but not sure the sub set up to use in this specific car. I am trying to reserve as much trunk space as possible so if I could get something with an enclosure of 11inches or less that would be ideal. I am open to single or dual setups.

Anyone have any suggestions? I will be replacing a high output 10W7 in a Mercury Cougar so will need something comparable as im not stepping backwards.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

Are you looking for sound or bump? What is your budget? you have a great amp, just make sure you run whatever sub at 1ohm

if your looking for better sound, I would replace the front and rear speakers/ tweets and run a 2nd amp to them also

I have a 300/4 to use and will be putting in new 6.5 for front stage at the very least.. will probably end up doing rear doors as well..

As for the sub im looking for a combination of both really but I lean more towards sq.. Im looking at dual w6v3 cause of the performance in small enclosures. I would really like to try a fi q but being in Canada its tough.

A lot of people say don't worry about the rear doors and do a really good component set up front. Especially for SQ. but it's all in what you like and what sounds good to you

Ya, I'm not really concerned with the rears but will see what left in my budget.. I've been thinking of trying Focal since it is available at a lot of my local shops..

I'm hoping I can sell my W7 and C5's and add another $1,000 on top for sub/front stage/dynamat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.