2008 Altima version 2 , Boston G5'S, GTR Radiators, Kenwood DNX 8120

the socks and ankles belong to my 3 year old lol,

the arc flatline is for sale.

not using 4 subs, 2 10's and 2 passive radiators which are like porting a box but you keep the sealed box size. You tune the radiators to what you want in my case 30hz.

I'm not a huge fan of the G5's new cone... it looks like a G3. The GTR's were made to pair up with the G5's, that's why they made them the same color.
Either way, nice subs! I have 2 10in G5's with gtr's in my G35 and they are pretty sick. I have that exact setup with 1 cube and the gtr's on the back side.
did you get them from James (tech12volt) because I see your titan in your avatar and I know him well and know he is authorized dealer?

YES I did! James is awesome![/QUOTe
I have been to James's house couple of times, I had an 05 titan and we did like 3 or 4 set ups in it, I was the very first person he built the forward firing boxes for.

YES I did! James is awesome![/QUOTe
I have been to James's house couple of times, I had an 05 titan and we did like 3 or 4 set ups in it, I was the very first person he built the forward firing boxes for.
Me too! I was the first to run G5's with gtr's! haha. I'm about to go back to his house to do an install on my dad's avalanche in a couple weeks. I had to get something better on gas... I see that you did the same.

Me too! I was the first to run G5's with gtr's! haha. I'm about to go back to his house to do an install on my dad's avalanche in a couple weeks. I had to get something better on gas... I see that you did the same.
Yea I loved the titan but moved from Jacksonville to D.C. area, got the altima but kept my other gas guzzler. Do the Bostons sound as good as advertised?

here are some pictures of the radiator being adjusted to 30hz. Got to listen to them and I am amazed how loud they get and sound great doing it. Nothing I listen to has alot of big bass but they played everything fine and got louder than any of the 12's I have installed. So much room left in the trunk I have to figure out how re-mount amps so it looks better.

boston2001.jpg

boston2002.jpg

boston2011.jpg

boston2013.jpg

boston2014.jpg

I love how they sound they get pretty **** loud for being in such a small enclosure. Beside the subs are 2 batcap 800's. Right now I'm running a US amps md2d with the g5's and they love it! They can take more power than my 2 12in RE SE's could and they have never had any problems. Have u tried any of the other tuning freq's? Right now I am tuned to 35hz and I like it. In my titan I had the gtr's next to the g5's and they didn't really do anything so changing it didn't make a difference. Now that they are behind the subs, they make a huge difference.

some of the pics are up but gonna build amp rack and the head unit should make difference too, know where the vss cable is on the alti I have searched everyon forum known and nobody has a clue might have to pay to get it installed.

Hello! Glad to see you've got everything (just about) up and running! I actually like the look of the G5's and the GTR's! Wish I could hear it! The subs + radiator idea has really got me interested! I have a MUCH smaller trunk in my IS300 than in your Altima so my single 12 (ported) may have to go! I'm really still considering your Flatline though!

What is this VSS cable you speak of? I should be able to help you out hopefully! LMK! Thanks!

V.

I am no expert on passive radiators, but i was always under the impression you needed double the cone area on the PR side per active driver. I.E. for every 10" driver there should be atleast 2 10"(if not 12") pr's. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

I am no expert on passive radiators, but i was always under the impression you needed double the cone area on the PR side per active driver. I.E. for every 10" driver there should be atleast 2 10"(if not 12") pr's. Someone correct me if i am wrong.
I have heard this but called the boston tech and asked myself. he said boston designed this to work with the g5 specifically. Its pretty cool because all you need to do is build sealed box and cut extra hole. Just dropping in the radiator is a 3 db gain in output and there is three tuning frequencies available with the radiators 45,35, 30. I am running mine with the extra weight at 30 hz and they sound amazing. Also asked about subsonic filter he said if running it at 30 hz no need for one and 35 to set it at about 28 and so on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.