2007 Toyota Camry speaker replacement

Participant count
  • Participant list

TWheels10

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
I have a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid that needs new 6x9 speakers in the rear deck. It has the factory JBL sound system, no navigation.

My understanding is that replacement speakers should be 2 ohm. Also, the factory JBL system has an amp that runs two separate sets of wires to each speaker — one set to the tweeters, the other to the mid/woofer.

So here’s my question … would component speakers work in this set-up? Could I simply connect the mid-woofer line from the JBL amp to the speaker’s mid-woofer, while doing the same with the tweeters — without using the provided crossover (since the amp is already handling the crossover)?

Thanks for any insight.

Whats your Max Budget for speakers alone?? JBL,Infinity and Even Power Bass, make decent 2 ohm mids, CDT even(kind of over whelming for Stock power maybe for the $) You should be able to just remove the existing Mid and replace it with another mid, same with tweeters.Utilize the onboard amplifier and HU settings

Could I simply connect the mid-woofer line from the JBL amp to the speaker’s mid-woofer, while doing the same with the tweeters — without using the provided crossover
Very probably. You could verify that the signal is truly crossed over from the factory amp by connecting a woofer to the tweeter output and if it plays no low frequencies there's your answer.

Pretty sure JBL makes a 2 or 3 ohm component set and I've had really good results with their lineup.

Thanks everyone. Good info. I don't think I want to go above $150-$200, considering its a 2007 hybrid. Now I just have to find something to fit the shallow space back there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...